Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the weekend Tesla sent me a text message asking if I would be ready to accept delivery in a few weeks. Didn't respond for a few days because I was camping, which triggered a whole hubub where I had to confirm that yes, I will be ready to take delivery at a time and date that they can't lock in because I have no VIN yet.

Ignoring the issues unique to my experience, has anyone else gotten a similar text message?

Over the weekend Tesla sent me a text message asking if I would be ready to accept delivery in a few weeks. Didn't respond for a few days because I was camping, which triggered a whole hubub where I had to confirm that yes, I will be ready to take delivery at a time and date that they can't lock in because I have no VIN yet.

Ignoring the issues unique to my experience, has anyone else gotten a similar text message?
Yes. None of it matters until you get a VIN. That is all just automated messages. Once you get a VIN, its 1-10'ish days to delivery.

Reactions: bossra95
So I should clarify, the SA does respond, just with nothing helpful.

They are usually canned messages, that look like either copy paste, or an AI bot has responded.

So I asked it that question:

Are you a real person or is this an AI Bot?

To which I got the response:

Hi,
We are real. We do not currently have any further information at this time.

Thank you

Reactions: LorentzTorque
The last and only time I reached out to my SA, they said that my production date was set for 9/5. Then when my EDD again pushed to Dec/Jan this morning, I called just to ask knowing that any info I got may not mean anything. All they said was "Yes, your currently delivery window is Dec 11th to Jan 22nd". Followed by "Did you want me to set your delivery to ASAP"? Then she asked if I would be interested in a Red w/ White interior M3P as they have one of those in inventory???

the car is not a cost saver for me at all. It actually costs more for me to drive it. I have a Prius. It gets 50-60 mpg consistently. The range is 500 miles per tank. It is a Prius lol.
I could almost buy 2 Prius for the cost of 1 Tesla
My current electric rate plan has me at tier 2 .39 cents kWh and I’m 31 away from being in tier 3 without ever having an electric car. So that bumps be to .49 cents. Tier 2 usage cost me $575 last bill. On top of tier 1.

The Tesla insurance was 257 monthly from AAA. It is 154 from Tesla. Then it’s $10 a month for the connectivity. The range is not very good. I could not make 200 mile round trip commute without charging somewhere as they say not to go over 90 percent charge and under 20 percent. Charging at Tesla charger took 30 min and was .46 cents kWh at 4 am. It is expensive. Tesla told me Friday to expect to change tires every 15k miles due to soft compound. The tire was over 400 each. As I had a screw in one of my tires already. It’s an expensive car to operate.

All that said. The car is a blast to drive. I love it. It’s not something I’d want to take on a road trip though. Takes too long to recharge. When traveling I like to stop for gas and get back on to destination. Not wait for 30-40 min at each stop. Especially every 150 miles. Edit. If I could afford 2 I’d have a Plaid also. I was not a Tesla fan boy but I like the car a lot. I can’t wait for the range to get better. Then it will be all I own.
Regarding range, I thought the current recommendation was to only charge to 80% and not to let it go below 20% to maximize battery range. Latest Youtube video I saw had the real world range of the M3P at 280 mi from 100% charge running at a steady 70 mph for the duration of the trip.
So if you follow the 80% - 20% recommendation, range is about 156 miles unless you charge above 80% and/or go below 20%.

Regarding range, I thought the current recommendation was to only charge to 80% and not to let it go below 20% to maximize battery range. Latest Youtube video I saw had the real world range of the M3P at 280 mi from 100% charge running at a steady 70 mph for the duration of the trip.
So if you follow the 80% - 20% recommendation, range is about 156 miles unless you charge above 80% and/or go below 20%.
Yeah 80 is what I saw also. I believe Elon said 90 was ok. So I used that as my example. I only go to 80. The range sucks

That would be around 250 miles of range right? I am planning on charging at work since it is cheap and I don’t have a home charger at my apartment. I am looking forward to having a fun commuter car!
I figure 60 percent usage of the 315 maximum capacity. The 60 percent figure would be at optimal driving conditions and most likely range would be significantly less. I lose about 20-25 percent every 50 miles. Driving with the flow of traffic. With no heater on but Ac running. While parked the car loses about 1-3 percent in 8hrs if sentry is on and there is frequent activity by the car.

I figure 60 percent usage of the 315 maximum capacity. The 60 percent figure would be at optimal driving conditions and most likely range would be significantly less. I lose about 20-25 percent every 50 miles. Driving with the flow of traffic. With no heater on but Ac running. While parked the car loses about 1-3 percent in 8hrs if sentry is on and there is frequent activity by the car.
Do you have Sentry mode on at all times? I plan on doing that since I don’t trust any drivers, especially with my luck with my last car. I plan to go into work 2-3 times during the week days and maybe supercharge nearby my apartment on the weekend if needed. That is my plan for charging.

I got my M3P back from the shop where I had it wrapped in 3M Satin Flip Psychedelic wrap, ceramic coated with Feynlab coating and tinted with STEX NEX window tint. The front windshield was 70%, the rear windows of the car were 5% and the driver and passenger windows were 15%. I think it turned out pretty nice…

Attachments

• E3C29C1B-FA96-4157-A221-3CC5B9A0B50E.jpeg
    E3C29C1B-FA96-4157-A221-3CC5B9A0B50E.jpeg
    685.9 KB · Views: 103
  • CAB80FE1-F1FA-4FA0-B673-AEBB1D5F4236.jpeg
    CAB80FE1-F1FA-4FA0-B673-AEBB1D5F4236.jpeg
    693.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 30390427-A63C-47BE-A8BA-0F8102BABBEC.jpeg
    30390427-A63C-47BE-A8BA-0F8102BABBEC.jpeg
    563.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 123324B9-CD04-49ED-B564-8CE791D78EC3.jpeg
    123324B9-CD04-49ED-B564-8CE791D78EC3.jpeg
    400.1 KB · Views: 67
Got a text alert for scheduling delivery! Scheduled for Sep 2 pickup!!!
It was asking to schedule delivery between Sep 2-4… Had to reshuffle labor day weekend plan sigh. Oh well!

For those curious and with new orders, my full order journey has been as follows:

OD: 06/27
DD: 09/02
Color: White/White
Region: Washington DC

EDDs:
1. Jun 28: Aug 26 - Sep 30
2. Jul 30: Aug 21 - Sep 17
3. Aug 05: Aug 25 - Sep 08
4. Aug 12: Aug 26 - Sep 08
5. Aug 16: Aug 30 - Sep 03

Non EDD Key Updates.
1. Aug 13: Text asking about trade in
2. Aug 18: Car left the factory!
3. Aug 19: Text update stating car to arrive in DC ‘around’ Aug 31
4. Aug 21: Text asking to schedule delivery between Sep 2-4

Congrats! Exact same configuration I ordered and even the same region!

Reactions: Slushy