Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 3 weeks of ownership I think it was worth it. The speed is great, but better than the speed is the constant smooth acceleration. No gear changes, accelerator lag, or power band, just a strong and smooth GO! I still love to punch it frequently! I don't think I'll ever use Track Mode, but I'd love to play with it in a parking lot sometime. The cabin noise is fine, on par with my Lexus. It is not a "dead silent EV" there is noise, just not engine noise. The ride is great on smooth roads, and hard on crappy roads. The audio quality as amazing with no distortion at "11", but the radio sucks, and connecting tidal and spotify won't work unless you have premium accounts with them. Tesla streaming stations with the premium connectivity are pretty good. The audio system overall is frustrating. AP is great and horrible at the same time. It works great in the left lane and is quirky in the right lane. If you just want a car to drive, it's great. If you want a self driving car, be ready to be let down. The cargo capacity is amazing. I just had the wall connector installed so charging will go from .43/Kwh to .15/Kwh so the "savings" will start showing for me and it can now become a true daily driver without supercharging.

I just did a weekend camping trip 4 hours away. Supercharging during the trip was easy and fairly quick. No range anxiety. So I'd feel confident road tripping anywhere. I do have anxiety over service and flat tires. Reading all the stories regarding service and repairs I do not feel a family can only have one Tesla as the only vehicle. I commute 1 hour for work and can't afford to have the car in the shop for an extended time without a backup.

I think the quality is fine, Once you get over the initial joy of taking ownership, you begin to notice where Tesla saves money. The interior trim pieces feel like very thin plastic covered in cheap fabric. the sun visors are crap, but do the job. Flatbroke posted a pic of an unpainted part of the trunk, which they all have. Yes we're all buying expensive cars and expect the best quality bang for our buck, but no production car is perfect and I don't mind the little things.

Overall it's by far my favorite car, and I don't think I will ever not own a Tesla again. That being said, it seems like I learn something new every day I drive it. Sometimes that's great sometimes that's frustrating.
The fart machine horn in the drive through is awesome.

With LR orders being stopped, I am not sure of the math now. A month ago, if you ordered on 6/10 and switched to P on 7/10, Tesla would handle the order as if they ordered a P on 6/10. That meant you got your car on 8/10 (8 weeks). But with LR being stopped, I wonder if P orders are piling up.
That's what I'm curious about. If, after switching, they'd treat the order according to the original OD, then in principle, it should be faster, since my OD is well before they cut off LR orders. But I'm definitely concerned I'd get kicked back to the end of the line if I switched now (and of course, there's no turning back if I go from LR to P).

That's what I'm curious about. If, after switching, they'd treat the order according to the original OD, then in principle, it should be faster, since my OD is well before they cut off LR orders. But I'm definitely concerned I'd get kicked back to the end of the line if I switched now (and of course, there's no turning back if I go from LR to P).

Being that we're nearing the end of the quarter, my best guess is that if you were to switch now you'd get one before Q3 ends or it may roll into the early part of Q4.

After 3 weeks of ownership I think it was worth it. The speed is great, but better than the speed is the constant smooth acceleration. No gear changes, accelerator lag, or power band, just a strong and smooth GO! I still love to punch it frequently! I don't think I'll ever use Track Mode, but I'd love to play with it in a parking lot sometime. The cabin noise is fine, on par with my Lexus. It is not a "dead silent EV" there is noise, just not engine noise. The ride is great on smooth roads, and hard on crappy roads. The audio quality as amazing with no distortion at "11", but the radio sucks, and connecting tidal and spotify won't work unless you have premium accounts with them. Tesla streaming stations with the premium connectivity are pretty good. The audio system overall is frustrating. AP is great and horrible at the same time. It works great in the left lane and is quirky in the right lane. If you just want a car to drive, it's great. If you want a self driving car, be ready to be let down. The cargo capacity is amazing. I just had the wall connector installed so charging will go from .43/Kwh to .15/Kwh so the "savings" will start showing for me and it can now become a true daily driver without supercharging.

I just did a weekend camping trip 4 hours away. Supercharging during the trip was easy and fairly quick. No range anxiety. So I'd feel confident road tripping anywhere. I do have anxiety over service and flat tires. Reading all the stories regarding service and repairs I do not feel a family can only have one Tesla as the only vehicle. I commute 1 hour for work and can't afford to have the car in the shop for an extended time without a backup.

I think the quality is fine, Once you get over the initial joy of taking ownership, you begin to notice where Tesla saves money. The interior trim pieces feel like very thin plastic covered in cheap fabric. the sun visors are crap, but do the job. Flatbroke posted a pic of an unpainted part of the trunk, which they all have. Yes we're all buying expensive cars and expect the best quality bang for our buck, but no production car is perfect and I don't mind the little things.

Overall it's by far my favorite car, and I don't think I will ever not own a Tesla again. That being said, it seems like I learn something new every day I drive it. Sometimes that's great sometimes that's frustrating.
Bubblehead,
Great post and feedback. Very helpful. Thanks for taking the time. Hopefully others will also chime in. Might be a topic for new thread.

Reactions: Bubblehead
Hmm so guys what do you think?

I've been toying with the idea of switching the interior to black.

By doing so it'd be a gamble where it could push things back or maybe wake up to see a VIN the next morning.

However, being this far along in the game I think that would be a coincidence if I were to get a VIN the next day as I'm a day away from the 60 day mark.

The current w/w config could be on it's way to a SC right now and it could be a situation where my original rsvp would arrive sitting at the local SC only for me to miss out since I changed the config lol.

Thoughts? Appreciate your feedback. Thanks gang.

By doing so it'd be a gamble where it could push things back or maybe wake up to see a VIN the next morning.

However, being this far along in the game I think that would be a coincidence if I were to get a VIN the next day as I'm a day away from the 60 day mark.

The current w/w config could be on it's way to a SC right now and it could be a situation where my original rsvp would arrive sitting at the local SC only for me to miss out since I changed the config lol.

Get whatever config you want. I wouldn’t focus on what-ifs.

You'll have the car much longer than the waiting period. Just make sure you get what you'll be happy with.

Get whatever config you want. I wouldn’t focus on what-ifs.

It's 50/50 for me really. I'm good either way so getting whatever config I want doesn't do much for me. It's more so the possibility of getting my car sooner, but like I said I think I'm too far in to be messing with anything, as the VIN should be right around the corner. It was more so a thinking out loud.

Reactions: LorentzTorque
You'll have the car much longer than the waiting period. Just make sure you get what you'll be happy with.

That's true. Good point. Met another tesla owner today while I was out and about and he waited well over a year for his back then. - And a lot of us here are only waiting ~60 days. 😄 It was a good reminder of how it could be much worse.

That's true. Good point. Met another tesla owner today while I was out and about and he waited well over a year for his back then. - And a lot of us here are only waiting ~60 days. 😄 It was a good reminder of how it could be much worse.
Yeah, that's a good thing to keep in mind. I was thinking today about how weird it is that I'm so disappointed by today's EDD shift. My original plan was to get the car in the last few months of the year, and I figured placing the order in mid-July would be a safe bet. Then they came back with a crazy optimistic EDD and it felt really imminent, so that really pumped up the excitement. The delays are kind of sobering and they give me a not-so-great impression of the company, but in reality it's a better match to my original plan.

Reactions: unlock and bossra95
Good to see another w/w config. I'd be very interested to keep tabs although we're in different regions.

I just passed my 8 week mark a few days ago and now every day feels like a week. My 60 day mark is approaching in a few days as well.

I have a feeling that my DD will be at the end of this month or the first week of Sept. What do you all think?:D

Hang in there buddy... it works quite differently for us in this region. Let's be in touch.... there are several of us here in the same boat. From what I've seen the DD for June ODs have been pretty consistent here. If my projection is true based on the recent DDs that I've seen, then that general data may hold true for you to. Will be in touch!
Updated today! September 6th - October 4th 🫰

Reactions: unlock

Not going to lie I absolutely love the white interior in mine. Makes it feel more open. I have two kids under 5 and there has been nothing a wet wipe can’t fix.