Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp, just entered the first day of my eighth EDD window, and no VIN to show for it. Looks like another EDD push is probably going to be in my future.

I'm getting pretty close to just bagging this whole exercise and buying a new E-class or Taycan. Now 71 days since my OD.
I totally feel you. OD 6/27 for me, still no updates other than continued pushback of EDD upon entering the first day of my 2 week windows. 3rd two week window starts on 9/22, fully expecting a push that morning to 10/6-10/20.

how did this happen? you called the service center?
Yeah. You have to ask them about looking up cars that are in their inventory on their side. They may hem and haw but if you are a bit persistent they have a secret inventory that shows cars that were rejected by customers due to finance or QC issues. You have to be patient, since it took me many days of checking an acceptable config showed up.

I sent a text to Tesla at 10:50am this morning asking for an update since i haven't heard anything for my 9/20-24 EDD. Their response was "Once your vehicle is close to our location, you will get a message advising to schedule a pick up. Once the text is sent to you, you will be able to pick the time"
At 11:34am, the text came to schedule my tentative appointment. The available dates were 9/19-23 and chose 9/20 10am! Fingers crossed for smooth delivery!

Well, a Friday surprise! Woke up today with EDD still October/November and then at 4pm got two messages. One stating VIN is assigned and the other asking to schedule delivery.
Saw there was just one appointment available for 09/20 so grabbed it like folks did for bad bunny concert. After that realized what just happened in those two minutes.
So for folks still waiting if your two week window turns to a month window don't freak out, its probably a sign you are being assigned a VIN. If I wasn't ready with funds I would be in trouble with the weekend prior to delivery date.

Silver/Black OD 07/26 EDD Sep 09/15 - 10/13
08/31 EDD 09/11 - 09/25
09/10 EDD 9/13 - 9/25
09/14 EDD 10/7 - 11/4
09/16 EDD 9/13 - 9/25 - VIN 358XXX - Delivery scheduled for 09/20 - Fife, WA

Well, a Friday surprise! Woke up today with EDD still October/November and then at 4pm got two messages. One stating VIN is assigned and the other asking to schedule delivery.
Saw there was just one appointment available for 09/20 so grabbed it like folks did for bad bunny concert. After that realized what just happened in those two minutes.
So for folks still waiting if your two week window turns to a month window don't freak out, its probably a sign you are being assigned a VIN. If I wasn't ready with funds I would be in trouble with the weekend prior to delivery date.

Silver/Black OD 07/26 EDD Sep 09/15 - 10/13
08/31 EDD 09/11 - 09/25
09/10 EDD 9/13 - 9/25
09/14 EDD 10/7 - 11/4
09/16 EDD 9/13 - 9/25 - VIN 358XXX - Delivery scheduled for 09/20 - Fife, WA
Starting to think the blue n red cars are doomed for long orders!!

When did everyone start receiving texts/emails? Other than my order confirmation, it's been quiet from them. Just making sure I'm not missing anything.
I had the same concern last week so I messaged the same number, the advisor replied that my profile was complete and all we could do is wait for VIN to be assigned. After obtaining VIN they can help with delivery and other questions. I think the advisor is in the dark till the VIN is assigned.

When did everyone start receiving texts/emails? Other than my order confirmation, it's been quiet from them. Just making sure I'm not missing anything.
I ordered on May 31st and I didn't hear anything until Monday. They texted me in the morning asking about my current vehicle trade in and then they messaged me at night saying they plan to build and deliver my vehicle by the end of the month.

Just took delivery yesterday. No quality issues, EAP works great! 3 hour drive home and the car was flawless. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. The 5-70 is bonkers!

Attachments

• 8F44BFA7-6BBE-443C-9ACC-66966E11C781.jpeg
    8F44BFA7-6BBE-443C-9ACC-66966E11C781.jpeg
    847.8 KB · Views: 66