Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your red looks great! That was my color choice on my custom order before I switched into a grey existing inventory. Is it a different red than recent years?
I believe it's the same. Haven't had a red car since my '94 Chevy S10 ha.

Tesla's color choices really leave a lot to be desired. My '20 Model 3 Performance was blue, and my previous cars were white, black, silver.

So, red it was!!

It was dropped off at my house but they were gone before I got outside. My demo 3P has curb rash, and it's dark and raining so I can't visually inspect the car very well. Also, the frunk lid has a gap on one side to the bumper cover. Unless I hear I can't from Tesla, I'm going to wait until tomorrow to accept delivery.

Does anyone know if they'll fix curb rash on a demo unit? What should I do about the frunk gap?
IMG_1279.jpeg

Last edited:
I already sent them pictures, and I haven't accepted delivery. Funny enough the red 3P I config I ordered just became available on the existing inventory, so I put down $250. If it's possible somehow I am going to try to purchase the red 3P. I have a Dec 31st - Jan 7th delivery estimate on that one.

I understand I most likely threw away $250 😅

It was dropped off at my house but they were gone before I got outside. My demo 3P has curb rash, and it's dark and raining so I can't visually inspect the car very well. Also, the frunk lid has a gap on one side to the bumper cover. Unless I hear I can't from Tesla, I'm going to wait until tomorrow to accept delivery.

Does anyone know if they'll fix curb rash on a demo unit? What should I do about the frunk gap? View attachment 890695
100% should fix or replace wheels on demo car

I was able to schedule a delivery appointment for the new red 3P. Now I have two cars to choose from today 😂 I've heard bad things about trying to get body panel alignment fixed so I don't know about the grey one. The wheels don't bother me as much as the frunk. I'm going to clean up the car and get a better look at it this morning.

turn2stone, my sentiments exactly! I also went from 2020 M3P to 2023. Quieter, better over the bumps. I'm wondering if it's the Pirelli P Zeros or something else
The Pirellis probably help, but possibly because they are brand new and my 2020 M3P tires were 3 years old :)
Different suspension, double pane windows…
Can you tell me more about the suspension differences?

I was able to schedule a delivery appointment for the new red 3P. Now I have two cars to choose from today 😂 I've heard bad things about trying to get body panel alignment fixed so I don't know about the grey one. The wheels don't bother me as much as the frunk. I'm going to clean up the car and get a better look at it this morning.
They can adjust the frunk, wheels are forever :)

Quick update, my app no longer shows any type of estimated delivery date. It no longer says "Estimated Delivery" anywhere at all. My account on the website still has an estimated delivery date of "Dec 2022" but it is 6:30pm on Dec 31st and I still have not been assigned a VIN (not even in the Page Source). On the 24th my SA told me that my original delivery date is the most accurate but has since gone on to make sure to let me know the estimated date is, in fact, only an estimate. There has been no new inventory Model 3's or Y's in my area since the 18th either.

It looks like I won't be able to take advantage of the $7500 + 10k Super Charger miles. :(

Quick update, my app no longer shows any type of estimated delivery date. It no longer says "Estimated Delivery" anywhere at all. My account on the website still has an estimated delivery date of "Dec 2022" but it is 6:30pm on Dec 31st and I still have not been assigned a VIN (not even in the Page Source). On the 24th my SA told me that my original delivery date is the most accurate but has since gone on to make sure to let me know the estimated date is, in fact, only an estimate. There has been no new inventory Model 3's or Y's in my area since the 18th either.

It looks like I won't be able to take advantage of the $7500 + 10k Super Charger miles. :(
:rolleyes:

Attachments

• EDD 1.1.23.png
    EDD 1.1.23.png
    404.2 KB · Views: 75
FYI when I called Tesla, they were not able to give me any info about when my VIN would be assigned and car delivered. But the same day I walked into a Tesla showroom and asked the same question, and they were able to see that it was going to be produced in the next day. Don’t know why they could see more, but maybe worth a shot
Have you tried Tesla Live Chat? My SA isn't providing me delivery information but Live Chat claims to know it's going into production in the next few days.