Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Randomly logged into the app to find a new White/White M3P near LA last night. Was able to get the VIN matched, delivery scheduled for next week!

Picked her up today! The delivery experience was pretty good. I Did the checklist and everything was perfect. No panel gaps or imperfections on the first look.

The white interior looks very nice and futuristic (coming from a cx-5). They didn't even check my trade-in vehicle, just took the keys and signature.

The drive back was about 70 miles and was able to get a feel for its driving dynamics. The acceleration is just insane and is so well-planted and nimble even at really high speeds and curves. Can't wait to take her through some twisty/canyons.

(Not the ideal day for pictures)

IMG-3288.jpg

IMG-3304.jpg

Are you supposed to let the SA know during delivery that you intend to apply for the EV tax credit? Does the dealer need to let IRS know about this sale? Or is it just all on me while filing the return. I totally forgot about this due to excitement :/

Are you supposed to let the SA know during delivery that you intend to apply for the EV tax credit? Does the dealer need to let IRS know about this sale? Or is it just all on me while filing the return. I totally forgot about this due to excitement :/
That will be on you when you file your taxes next year for 2023. Eventually it should move be an instant credit at the time of sale for new and used but the IRS is still working out the kinks.

NE Ohio here. Ordered a no option white M3P on 3/8 and had a vin before I downloaded the app lol. Delivery window of March 22-28.
The trade in offer came after 3 days, which I thought was odd. For some reason I wasn't given an option for 36 month financing and they haven't responded to the text I sent asking for the option from over a day ago. Obviously excited like everyone else here. Going to miss my WRX and shifting. So weird going to a single gear automatic.

Today got text/email to schedule delivery. Picked first available day of the 21st. So from order to delivery was Feb 4th to March 21st. I’m in North Louisiana and pick up in Jackson, MS.
Nice! I ordered a few days after you so hoping to get my text/email for delivery this week. Although with the weather CA is having I’m wondering if we might see additional delays.

Last edited:
OD- 2/7
Solid Black/ White
Bay Area
EDD- Feb- March
2/9 Feb 18- March 18th

2/10 Mobile connector arrived

2/19 EDD Feb 20-March-8
2/20 EDD Feb 22-March-8
2/22 EDD Feb 26-March-12
2/26 EDD Feb 27-March-12
2/27 EDD Feb 28-March-12
2/28 EDD March 1-March-12
3/1 EDD March 2-March -12
3/2 EDD March 3-March 12
3/3 EDD March 4-March 12
3/4 EDD March 5-March 15
3/5 EDD March 6-March 15
3/6 EDD March 7-March 15
3/7 EDD March 8-March 18
3/8 EDD March 9-March 18
3/9 EDD March 10-March 18

3/10 VIN Assigned!

3/10 Sent insurance and loan instructions

Delivery scheduled March 16th!
Exciting! Let us know if you find anything unexpected hardware-wise on the car! Sound like some changes were recently implemented in Fremont. GLHF with delivery!

Update:

Buffalo, NY
White/Black MP3
OD: 2/12 Evening
EDD: Feb-Mar
2/23 1st: March 7th - March 31st
3/5 2nd: March 12th - March 26th
3/8 3rd: Received VIN, EDD March 23rd - March 30th

@jpbcx43 - FYI

Hi!

@Impolite

@jpbcx43

Noticed you're both from the WNY area and picking up M3Ps in Mt. Kisco. Any concerns about the weather and the stock summer tires? Have either of you made plans for swapping tires out immediately if there is snow or freezing rain on delivery day? Wondering how others have/are handling this, logistically speaking, as I'll also have a long ride home from Kisco in possibly inclement weather. Anyone else with advice or recommendations specific to Mt Kisco delivery would also be appreciated. Thanks

Hi!

@Impolite

@jpbcx43

Noticed you're both from the WNY area and picking up M3Ps in Mt. Kisco. Any concerns about the weather and the stock summer tires? Have either of you made plans for swapping tires out immediately if there is snow or freezing rain on delivery day? Wondering how others have/are handling this, logistically speaking, as I'll also have a long ride home from Kisco in possibly inclement weather. Anyone else with advice or recommendations specific to Mt Kisco delivery would also be appreciated. Thanks

I have slight concerns about getting caught in some snow, hoping the thruways will be clear...if things get bad enough I will just park up at a hotel for a day or two.