Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hi!

@Impolite

@jpbcx43

Noticed you're both from the WNY area and picking up M3Ps in Mt. Kisco. Any concerns about the weather and the stock summer tires? Have either of you made plans for swapping tires out immediately if there is snow or freezing rain on delivery day? Wondering how others have/are handling this, logistically speaking, as I'll also have a long ride home from Kisco in possibly inclement weather. Anyone else with advice or recommendations specific to Mt Kisco delivery would also be appreciated. Thanks

@M3Uber i feel your concern!

I am actually flying down to NY on Saturday for delivery. But for the longer term I am ordering some TSportline TSS’s with all seasons, and possibly snows. Hoping to sell the 20’s that come with the car.

Delivery is in Brooklyn. Long story - I will post my update when I return from vacation!

OD: 2/2 just after midnight - White/Black
ATL, GA
Original EDD: Feb - March
2/7: March 2 - March 30
Did receive the 1-2wk VIN text on 2/17
No EDD changes this whole period.
3/3: EDD update to 3/13-3/31
3/4: VIN received. EDD Updated to 3/22-3/28
3/11: EDD update to 3/16-3/25

Still can't schedule or do final payment but I believe that's changing today or tomorrow 😁
Well still can't schedule. Whomp.
Still the same EDD.

SA told me the ability to schedule is when the trucking company gives a precise date it'll be dropped off which should in in the next few days and the earliest schedulable delivery date should be 1-3 days after the date the trucking company tells them.
Anytime now I guess.

hmm i guess thats strange for me because i have the option for final payment open, but per my SA, she states that only needs to REALLY be done 1-2 days prior to ACTUAL delivery and I still havent received the option to schedule that. Last update is still 3/6 which is when i got the VIN with 3/23-30

Well still can't schedule. Whomp.
Still the same EDD.

SA told me the ability to schedule is when the trucking company gives a precise date it'll be dropped off which should in in the next few days and the earliest schedulable delivery date should be 1-3 days after the date the trucking company tells them.
Anytime now I guess.
Is your SA the person who send you the texts? I tried getting some information from mine and they have been unhelpful on providing any information?

Order date 3/4
VIN 3/8
EDD 3/21-3/29
EDD still at 3/21-3/29, texted the Tesla team today to see if that date range still looks good and to try to get more detail. Didn't disappoint: they stated "your vehicle is currently in-transit to IL via train - once it arrives in IL you will receive a text message to tentatively self-schedule your delivery appointment."

I have lots of accessories already here... charger, all-weather mats, air compressor/sealant, tire patch kit, and key card holders... now for the car.

Reactions: corsi1
hmm i guess thats strange for me because i have the option for final payment open, but per my SA, she states that only needs to REALLY be done 1-2 days prior to ACTUAL delivery and I still havent received the option to schedule that. Last update is still 3/6 which is when i got the VIN with 3/23-30
Yea, it seems that part of the app opening up is in control of the Tesla store closest to you. Can't pay either haha.

Is your SA the person who send you the texts? I tried getting some information from mine and they have been unhelpful on providing any information?
Yes or email. Location based.

Order date 3/4
VIN 3/8
EDD 3/21-3/29
EDD still at 3/21-3/29, texted the Tesla team today to see if that date range still looks good and to try to get more detail. Didn't disappoint: they stated "your vehicle is currently in-transit to IL via train - once it arrives in IL you will receive a text message to tentatively self-schedule your delivery appointment."

I have lots of accessories already here... charger, all-weather mats, air compressor/sealant, tire patch kit, and key card holders... now for the car.
well I attmepted what you did, got the canned email back that Current ETA is all they can provide

Is there any real rhyme or reason to the discrepancy in receiving VIN? I see users getting VIN in a couple days now while others, especially who ordered in February, were waiting weeks. Ordered on 03/06 and have nothing. Expected delivery is March. Should I lower expectations?