Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to believe too! LOL I ordered blue/black on 2/14 and no VIN yet. The EDD has just been a rolling window for the past week and time Is running out for the full fed tax credit.
Received VIN on 3/19 and just took delivery. There were two minor scratches that were buffed out and paint is fairly swirled for a new car. I’m guessing that they washed it with a contaminated sponge to clean off water spots from this week’s storms but NBD. I’ll end up doing some light polishing at some point anyway.

One thing that I noticed is that 80% of the M3s on the lot have trunk lids that are heavily skewed to the right, so that there there is a huge gap on the left and barely any on the right. Mine was probably the worst of the bunch and I could see paint color right through the gap. They tried to play it off as within spec and won’t affect water drainage, but I wasn’t having it. After adjustment it still wasn’t even, but good enough for me.

Other than that, I’m having fun squirting around town and figuring out all of the menus. 🙂

M3P Red w/ white interior. Burbank Delivery. No financing. Pay in full, with help from the insurance settlement from my first-delivery RWD M3 getting T-boned by a red light runner. (and the check was sizable!)

Ordered Thu March 9 w/ expected delivery as "March"
VIN a week later Thu March 16, EDD March 20-31
Appointment scheduling opened up March 22, with the earliest delivery date Sunday March 26.
Got a call this morning, March 24 "We can deliver it today, if you want." "Sure. I have the check ready to go."
4pm Picked up.

So 15 days, Order-to-delivery.

Reactions: spdline2k
picked it up! Panel gaps and interior fit/finish are great. The wash at the shop must have used gravel and dust in various spots, as it has some scratches… nothing a little wax and elbow grease won’t get out.

A little bit of the tire goo on a couple of the wheels, but I’ll also remove those myself.

It’s so fast. Sooooo fast. Found a parking spot at the hockey game tonight with a charger, so a free top-off while I watch the Wild beat the Blackhawks.

Picked up our white lightning this morning at 10:30. Car overall looks good, small nick on one of the wheels and small scratches on one of the headlights. I must of had a brand new advisor as he really didn’t seem to know what was going on lol. This thing is scary fast, almost seems unreal. It was great being here and waiting with everyone. Hope you all get yours soon, it’s been fun!!

Well, after realizing a couple weeks out from ordering a Black M3P that I was over the cap for the tax credit, I found a blue one in inventory and it is arriving at a MN store on Monday. They said they will do the inspection, detail it, and get it on a truck to me in South Dakota. According to them it should only take a day or two. I hope that's accurate.
Even though it's technically spring, I still need winter tires. Just due to availability I think I'm going with Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate All Seasons in 245/35/20.

Quick question i want to get the tax credit.
it says on the site if i order it will be coming this month

Model 3 performace​

Est. Delivery: Mar 2023

is this correct? month ends in like couple of days.
what if it comes in april will i not get the tax credit?
Theoretically if you’re ordering a M3 performance, you should still get a the full $7.5k fed credit even after March, as the batteries are made in the USA.

Just got the notice to pickup! They offered me as soon as this Saturday, but I have a family event this weekend. So I opted for Monday.

M3P: White / Black
OD: 2/23
VIN: 3/14
EDD: Feb-Mar
EDD 1: 3/19 - 3/31
EDD 2: 3/28 - 3/31
DD: 3/27
I got a text yesterday that my pickup is delayed. Whomp whomp.

M3P: White / Black
OD: 2/23
VIN: 3/14
EDD: Feb-Mar
EDD 1: 3/19 - 3/31
EDD 2: 3/28 - 3/31
DD: 3/27
DD2: 3/30

For Texas people only. I got my registration done and they only gave me a 1 year sticker and not even March... I got February. New cars are supposed to have 2 year stickers. Anyone else have the same issue? The registration office said the inspection is done by Tesla and they are the ones that put in for the duration

OD 3/5
M3P stock, color MSM interior Black.
Mass
____
After checking the Tesla App for the dozenth time today, there was a change….first I had to confirm that I’m okay with not having USS/that the M3P will be vision-only, and once I did that, my EDD updated to 4/10-4/17.

But, GOT VIN!

Last edited: