Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My local Tesla store has a lot of inventory especially M3's. I'm surprised people are still buying this late in the year with the next gen arriving in just a few months and rumored to be a significant upgrade. I'm not holding my breath as I'm just fine waiting for the superior 2024 HW4 to arrive, but since I have no intention of buying FSD assuming they ever get it to really work I'm ready to act this summer on an inferior 2023 HW3 if a good promotion is offered like maybe 5K off any Model 3. ie a base M3RWD at $39030 is reduced to $34000. Could happen as the economy enters more uncertain times in June.

My local Tesla store has a lot of inventory especially M3's. I'm surprised people are still buying this late in the year with the next gen arriving in just a few months and rumored to be a significant upgrade. I'm not holding my breath as I'm just fine waiting for the superior 2024 HW4 to arrive, but since I have no intention of buying FSD assuming they ever get it to really work I'm ready to act this summer on an inferior 2023 HW3 if a good promotion is offered like maybe 5K off any Model 3. ie a base M3RWD at $39030 is reduced to $34000. Could happen as the economy enters more uncertain times in June.
This is my first Tesla and from what I have read, the majority of issues have been resolved with regard to build quality. I leased my car and since there isn't an option to buy, I have to give it back in 3 years, so by that time I would think any issues from this refresh should be resolved as well. Maybe in the future they will offer more options like colors (interior and exterior), more wheel options, carbon fiber options, etc.

This is my first Tesla and from what I have read, the majority of issues have been resolved with regard to build quality. I leased my car and since there isn't an option to buy, I have to give it back in 3 years, so by that time I would think any issues from this refresh should be resolved as well. Maybe in the future they will offer more options like colors (interior and exterior), more wheel options, carbon fiber options, etc.

Congrats on your first Tesla.

Reactions: imartez
I pick up my car tomorrow, ordered, but now they have an inventory car with identical spec for $250 less, its not a lot of money but still irritating since it is my delivery which likely brought the other M3P as this is a smaller location...Still, the excitement is so much more! At least if for some reason mine needs rejected I have a backup car to look at!!

I pick up my car tomorrow, ordered, but now they have an inventory car with identical spec for $250 less, its not a lot of money but still irritating since it is my delivery which likely brought the other M3P as this is a smaller location...Still, the excitement is so much more! At least if for some reason mine needs rejected I have a backup car to look at!!
Where are you picking up tomorrow? I see you are in PA. I'm picking mine up at 11 in Mechanicsburg. Ordered Blue/Black, and luckily for me they never got one in inventory, and a $250 savings wasn't enough to change color. But I would be slightly annoyed in your position as well. Not a lot of money in this situation, but more the principle.

Will drive like a granny home and garage it until Wednesday when it goes for full car PPF and tint. ;)
🤣 I've never done PPF on a car before, hadn't even really considered it. In all honesty, I rarely keep cars past 2 years. But my wife is calling me out on it now, since this was a significant price increase for us for a car. So now I have to prove her wrong and keep it for a long time. LOL. Guess I'll look into it. I got a tint quote for Crystalline 40%, on sides and rear, from Accent Tint in York. They want $775 for that, which seems steep to me, but I've also never done crystalline before. I remember the days when you could tint an entire car for $99. Guess I'll ask them about a package deal!

Reactions: imartez
🤣 I've never done PPF on a car before, hadn't even really considered it. In all honesty, I rarely keep cars past 2 years. But my wife is calling me out on it now, since this was a significant price increase for us for a car. So now I have to prove her wrong and keep it for a long time. LOL. Guess I'll look into it. I got a tint quote for Crystalline 40%, on sides and rear, from Accent Tint in York. They want $775 for that, which seems steep to me, but I've also never done crystalline before. I remember the days when you could tint an entire car for $99. Guess I'll ask them about a package deal!
I had Crystalline on my Audi RS5 and it performs well but has a bronze tone to it, I didn't like it. I'm getting Xpel tint this time around. I had it installed on my wife's car and the clarity on the windshield (70%) is great and it's a true black film.

Good luck and Congrats!

I had Crystalline on my Audi RS5 and it performs well but has a bronze tone to it, I didn't like it. I'm getting Xpel tint this time around. I had it installed on my wife's car and the clarity on the windshield (70%) is great and it's a true black film.

Good luck and Congrats!
interesting... thanks for that info! guess I'll do a bit more research before doing this!

You as well!

I go to Urban Werks, top tier. I recommend the Lumar Pinnacle ceramic.

Reactions: RealJewBilly

You could still likely get basic tint for $99. If you want these new high tech tints like Xpel it's gonna be up there in the 500+ range for a Tesla because of all that glass. Ask if they do a single piece for the pano roof.. not everyone does.

I've owned a lot of brands of vehicles and never prior to when I bought my M3P had I ever considered any special wax coating, in modern day ceramic, or PPF. For some reason owning a Tesla and participating in the Tesla community drives a feeling that you need such things. I think that is because Tesla had a reputation of using cheap or thin paint. I've seen colleagues plan out the whole pick up day and straight to the shop for ppf like their life depended on it LOL I admit I almost did it too and the first few days on the highway with the rock trucks all over I had small panics too. Then I remembered I been driving for 30 years and never worried about it before LOL

I'm not making fun of anyone who believes or wants to indulge in PPF, but I didn't do my M3P and I do a lot of highway driving and the occasional rock hit from industrial trucks. I did get one tiny chip over 8000 miles, but my old 2020 M3P held up just as good as any vehicle I owned prior. Remember if you get a dent like say at the grocery store and it can't be fixed pointless, you'll need to pay to strip the ppf from the panel and pay to apply a new one.

I do recommend ceramic or graphene, but you don't need to pay crazy money. The spray versions work just fine. I say this from experience.

You could still likely get basic tint for $99. If you want these new high tech tints like Xpel it's gonna be up there in the 500+ range for a Tesla because of all that glass. Ask if they do a single piece for the pano roof.. not everyone does.

I've owned a lot of brands of vehicles and never prior to when I bought my M3P had I ever considered any special wax coating, in modern day ceramic, or PPF. For some reason owning a Tesla and participating in the Tesla community drives a feeling that you need such things. I think that is because Tesla had a reputation of using cheap or thin paint. I've seen colleagues plan out the whole pick up day and straight to the shop for ppf like their life depended on it LOL I admit I almost did it too and the first few days on the highway with the rock trucks all over I had small panics too. Then I remembered I been driving for 30 years and never worried about it before LOL

I'm not making fun of anyone who believes or wants to indulge in PPF, but I didn't do my M3P and I do a lot of highway driving and the occasional rock hit from industrial trucks. I did get one tiny chip over 8000 miles, but my old 2020 M3P held up just as good as any vehicle I owned prior. Remember if you get a dent like say at the grocery store and it can't be fixed pointless, you'll need to pay to strip the ppf from the panel and pay to apply a new one.

I do recommend ceramic or graphene, but you don't need to pay crazy money. The spray versions work just fine. I say this from experience.
The main seller for me on the PPF is I wanted black and didn’t want to worry about the swirls that come with it. Plus rock chip protection is a plus. I call it a wash for the tax credit I will get.