Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I changed my M3LR order to an identical M3P already in transit to the same location. SA was able to make the swap, no new credit check, I just had to pay the difference out of pocket which ended up being $2800. I was going to pay for accel boost on the M3LR anyway, so I basically paid another $800 for even more performance, the better brakes, spoiler, track mode, and pedals. Bargain!

Reactions: keon718nyc
I have a 3LR coming Monday, but am looking at the Performance with discounted inventory prices and its looking very similar in terms of pricing.

Would the Performance change increase my insurance premiums from the LR? Other's have told me that insurances don't look at the Tesla trims but rather the model (3) so changing trims don't matter.

Is this the case for anyone else? I'd make the swap right away if this is the case, or if the insurance doesn't cost SO much more. I figured the 'sporty' version of the M3 may see much higher insurance premiums.

And how are your inventory orders/pick ups going? I placed an order for the inventory Performance last night and assigned a VIN (was afraid it was gonna get picked up by someone else, so I basically reserved it by ordering it). How likely would I be able to pick it up today after updating my pre-pickup tasks?

This is the right thing to do. Call Sales vs. the deliver advisor and they can help. Spoke to a very helpful rep and he is trying to get me my original car with the discount so I can pick it up tomorrow or Friday.
Yes, you should get the discount. I had seen the same car in inventory when i searched and told the rep, when i called back he had one there at the same discounted price as one i saw on the site. Had to change Vin number and he updated everything while on phone to the app. Also changed the Vin on the insurance again. Picking up tomorrow at 1pm. Knocked my payments down a decent amount. Total i saved was $3,250.

Reactions: rudngo
I have a 3LR coming Monday, but am looking at the Performance with discounted inventory prices and its looking very similar in terms of pricing.

Would the Performance change increase my insurance premiums from the LR? Other's have told me that insurances don't look at the Tesla trims but rather the model (3) so changing trims don't matter.

Is this the case for anyone else? I'd make the swap right away if this is the case, or if the insurance doesn't cost SO much more. I figured the 'sporty' version of the M3 may see much higher insurance premiums.

And how are your inventory orders/pick ups going? I placed an order for the inventory Performance last night and assigned a VIN (was afraid it was gonna get picked up by someone else, so I basically reserved it by ordering it). How likely would I be able to pick it up today after updating my pre-pickup tasks?
My insurance did not distinguish between the trims, so no difference in premium at all. Pickup today went super smoothly.

Reactions: AwesomeM3
Delivered yesterday! Picked the M3P up and was looking pretty flawless. Only thing i noticed is the passenger door is a bit out like not totally flush. Will bring in eventually for that. Other then that i am very happy with this car. It rides and handles better then i thought on crappy roads. Just need to be on lookout more for potholes. Loving this car to the fullest!!!!

Attachments

• Inked20230609_141214.jpg
    Inked20230609_141214.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 171
I was about to pull the trigger on one in inventory, but I can't tell if it has HW4 or not...the chat dude didn't seem to know either way. Does anyone know if there is a way to tell based on the VIN (even if there is, I can't see the VIN when ordering)? Maybe I just need to swing by the local service center and talk to someone in person.

• Helpful
Reactions: theslimshadyist
I was about to pull the trigger on one in inventory, but I can't tell if it has HW4 or not...the chat dude didn't seem to know either way. Does anyone know if there is a way to tell based on the VIN (even if there is, I can't see the VIN when ordering)? Maybe I just need to swing by the local service center and talk to someone in person.
I’m fairly certain no Model 3s have HW4. Only S, X, Y.

None of the current M3P will have HW4. Doesn't make sense to change it since they are introducing the new design.

I can't wait to see the refreshed M3P, hoping for a Model 3 Plaid 🙏🤞. Ready to swap the refreshed Model S, even though I love the vehicle, I purchased a very early build so none of the updates on mine. Also considering the Model X, especially since it now qualifies for the $7,500 tax credit.

• Funny
Reactions: Tiger