Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance wheels can you put the 20 inch performance model 3 Uberturbine wheels on a LR Model 3? will they fit ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New subscribe here:

Can you put 20 inch performance model 3 Uberturbine wheels on a LR Model 3? will they fit ?
Is there alignment issues or issues with the sensors?
(I think the computer will also configure diff wheel sizes different wheel sizes)
20 inch being one of the them

I see they sell the 20 inch wheels with the
Snow tires so I assume they would be good for all three model…

I know somebody that has a new set for sale & are at a reasonable price.

Thanks,
Al Carrison

20% is exaggerated but check yourself: Teslike.com

it is not exaggerated. In a perfect EPA test the difference may only be 6% between aero shield 18" and 20" tires. That is obviously not the case at all in real world driving where the stealth performance easily gets 20% more range than the performance.

I mean even just taking the 18" aeros off already reduces range by 3% or so. To then suggest to only loose 3% going from 18" to 20" is ludicrous.

it is not exaggerated. In a perfect EPA test the difference may only be 6% between aero shield 18" and 20" tires. That is obviously not the case at all in real world driving where the stealth performance easily gets 20% more range than the performance.

I mean even just taking the 18" aeros off already reduces range by 3% or so. To then suggest to only loose 3% going from 18" to 20" is ludicrous.
Looking at the charts, the difference between 20” Ubers and 18” with Aero caps is ~9%. Without the aero caps the difference is about 5%.

Yes, they fit great. No issues. They will sit 5mm further outboard which looks very slightly better and has no meaningful impact on suspension kinematics.

No, they don't have a 20% impact on range, it's probably closer to 0% if you were to compare to the 19's *with equivalent tires*. But certainly if you're replacing a set of 18" aeros wrapped in hockey-puck all seasons with 20's wearing ultra high performance sticky summer tires you're going to see a significant range impact.

3P's tend to run around 300Wh/mi on the stock 20's and mine is no exception, averaging 301 over the last 8000 miles of mostly 80mph commuting. I'm pretty sure no one who drives the way I do is averaging 240Wh/mi (20% better) on stock aeros.

Unless you are absolutely in love with the Ubers, I wouldn't bother even though they would fit. They are very heavy wheels and super easy to curb. One of the main reasons I didn't buy a performance is I didn't want to be stuck with wheels I wouldn't keep.

If you want to go 20's there are a lot of lighter, better options. If you do go with Ubers, they come up fairly frequently in the classifieds here because they are heavy and there are better wheels. Be patient and you can probably score a set pretty cheaply.

As a counterpoint, I'd take the money I'd spend on the Ubers and drop it on acceleration boost instead.

Looking at the charts, the difference between 20” Ubers and 18” with Aero caps is ~9%. Without the aero caps the difference is about 5%.

I can assure you that the difference is way more than 9%.
One of my mates has an actual performance and I have a stealth one and we both used to have the pilot sport tires. And he gets nowhere near the same range. Now that I have primacy 4s the difference is even more exacerbated. Like cruising at 100km/h I use like 155-160 w/km and he uses 180-185. I think at higher speeds the difference becomes more wide.

I can assure you that the difference is way more than 9%.
One of my mates has an actual performance and I have a stealth one and we both used to have the pilot sport tires. And he gets nowhere near the same range. Now that I have primacy 4s the difference is even more exacerbated. Like cruising at 100km/h I use like 155-160 w/km and he uses 180-185. I think at higher speeds the difference becomes more wide.
Unless you and buddy are driving side by side at the same time with tire pressures equalized and logging data and checking in a spreadsheet afterwards etc etc, these comparisons are fraught with more error than the differences being argued about.

There are also like 5 different kinds of Pilot Sport 4 tire (S, non S, All Season, and high load variations of some of those!), and each comes in different widths so it isn't clear you were comparing the exact same tire.

Reactions: 804son
I literally bought a 20 inch uberturbine set off a M3P. (owner who sold it for aftermarket ones for his). Question is, when I went to Costco tire center for a swap, they said they won’t be able to go lower on load rating. Because it’s not OE. My 2022 LR 18 inch has 98W. And the UT has 92. What are my options here? Can’t wait to swap them. It’s literally sitting in my garage right now. I don’t have DIY swap tools (jack lift tesla puck, torque wrench etc). But I may go DIY.

I literally bought a 20 inch uberturbine set off a M3P. (owner who sold it for aftermarket ones for his). Question is, when I went to Costco tire center for a swap, they said they won’t be able to go lower on load rating. Because it’s not OE. My 2022 LR 18 inch has 98W. And the UT has 92. What are my options here? Can’t wait to swap them. It’s literally sitting in my garage right now. I don’t have DIY swap tools (jack lift tesla puck, torque wrench etc). But I may go DIY.
Go to a different Tire shop, Costco is ridiculous with their nit picking!

Reactions: Lindenwood
The mobile installer wouldn't even deviate from the recommended tire pressure or tire size. It was GoMoTires. Great work, fair price, just no flexibility at all.

Society is too litigious it seems.

I bought the stock Aeros with my ‘22 3LR. Picked up the 20” Ubers with Pirellis from a private party. They fit fine. I don’t really notice a ride difference (I’m mostly hwy). I don’t pay attention to my range, so can’t help you with that. I used the same lug nuts. 129 ft lbs (I’ll save you from looking it up). Getting those Aero caps off is a bit tricky. They liked to click back into place when I went to pop a different section off.

I do like the look better with the 20s. A bit lower would be even better.