Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Premium Connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know which carrier they use for data in the UK? I asked during a test drive and the guy said "Oh we have our own", I rolled my eyes.

I’d be interested in knowing this too - O2 was the UK carrier a few years ago, but not sure if this has changed.

Roaming SIM’s would be ideal for coverage but from what I understand would be much more expensive (even just loading map tiles and music streaming).

Does anybody have a screenshot of the definition of Premium Interior from May this year when orders started? There's a rumour that the Premium Connectivity was not limited to 1 year. Attached view shows current definition for reference.

2019 08 09 Premium Interior.png

I think it was always in the small print - I queried it at Heathrow within a few days or ordering (01/05) so I must have read/thought something to make me ask about it. They had no answer to when, other than it hadn't been implemented yet and the talked about price was $100/year.

For European orders (opened in December 2018) if I remember correctly the small print has always mentioned the premium interior connectivity was offered for one year and would require a yearly fee afterwards.

I’m expecting to have to pay after year 1. As the fleet expands the data costs are going to be huge, so unsustainable to keep it free.

I’m happy to pay for the service because there is simply nothing to compete with it on any other brand.

The Kona has no data connectivity built in, zilch, zero. If you want live traffic on the sat nav you have to use your phone as a data hotspot. Even the Leaf had an app and basic data to check things like charging!

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa
Of course the argument from Tesla will be that anyone who took advantage of price cut will be getting a post price cut spec. I'm not sure how this will stack up if challenged. I'm expecting them to say this with Homelink and I'm expecting that I will take professional advice to challenge this. I think the devil will be in the small print.

Reactions: Roy W.
Of course the argument from Tesla will be that anyone who took advantage of price cut will be getting a post price cut spec. I'm not sure how this will stack up if challenged. I'm expecting them to say this with Homelink and I'm expecting that I will take professional advice to challenge this. I think the devil will be in the small print.
I’m the same regarding Homelink. I even updated my garage door to be compatible before they removed it :rolleyes:

And although my price did come down, at no point did I ask for the reduced price.

I’ll certainly argue the toss with the boys and girls at Stockport. :D

I’m expecting to have to pay after year 1. As the fleet expands the data costs are going to be huge, so unsustainable to keep it free.

I’m happy to pay for the service because there is simply nothing to compete with it on any other brand.

The Kona has no data connectivity built in, zilch, zero. If you want live traffic on the sat nav you have to use your phone as a data hotspot. Even the Leaf had an app and basic data to check things like charging!
I can't imagine Tesla will start to charge in the UK, or in Europe, and not charge in the US. Which they have not done since 2012. But if they really have a Europe wide roaming SIM deal, and bearing in mind Netflix and YouTube are soon to be enabled (while parked), $100 a year, or £100, would be incredible value. I'm not going to worry.

very true, Tesla could always turn around and be like ok we will charge you what you paid at the time of order, which will be more... So better off getting homelink and anything else missing afterwards

I can't imagine Tesla will start to charge in the UK, or in Europe, and not charge in the US. Which they have not done since 2012. But if they really have a Europe wide roaming SIM deal, and bearing in mind Netflix and YouTube are soon to be enabled (while parked), $100 a year, or £100, would be incredible value. I'm not going to worry.
The FAQ says for cars purchased after June 30th 2018 will come with 1 year, they have yet to implement charging, but I have a feeling this will happen with V10, which is due soon, and yes will be rolled out globally.

Reactions: Roy W.