Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Electric1
Don't seen any real information, do see a lot of speculation.

Whoever took those photos was likely in an area of the Fremont factory that is not open to the public. It looks to be just north of the public Superchargers.
I've been to that exact spot... it's just a little hidden but certainly not off limits. You can walk from the parking lot to this area easily.
2017-07-15_8-33-06.jpg

The white with large wheels looks amazing in that photo/angle!

I've been to that exact spot... it's just a little hidden but certainly not off limits. You can walk from the parking lot to this area easily.
View attachment 235708

The white with large wheels looks amazing in that photo/angle!

I have a hard time believing they would park SN2 here, I'd bet it's an RC.

I agree, the white looks great in this photo. I had scratched that color off my list but it's back on it now. I still can't decide which looks best.

Reactions: dragonxt
I don't see why that would be the case. We have seen those wheels on several of the Release Candidate cars. They clearly will be a Model 3 wheel choice available to select.
I believe his thinking is that for the first 28 cars to be delivered at the end of this month, they're going to "special" insider buyers. Buyers who are likely to be wanting every upgrade that is available at this time. And since the consensus is that the aero wheels are the base wheels, I would expect fewer of them. After that, though, I would expect more aero than others, as they get into the meat of employee reservations.

I believe his thinking is that for the first 28 cars to be delivered at the end of this month, they're going to "special" insider buyers. Buyers who are likely to be wanting every upgrade that is available at this time.
But since it is just a few - if any - upgrade available at this time, would not most of those "special" inside buyers wait until at least the "D" is available, if not the "PxD"?
I do not think it will be a lot of "special" insider buyers this month. A few yes, but not many. I think most will be ordinary workers at the factory - or maybe factory workers that for one reason or an another deserve some extra treatment.

I believe his thinking is that for the first 28 cars to be delivered at the end of this month, they're going to "special" insider buyers. Buyers who are likely to be wanting every upgrade that is available at this time. And since the consensus is that the aero wheels are the base wheels, I would expect fewer of them. After that, though, I would expect more aero than others, as they get into the meat of employee reservations.

Many of these buyers opt for max range rather than max features. I.e. 100D over P100D and 20 rather than 22 inch wheels on the X (and S)

Dust, smust. The 007 photo has me drooling all over that black! Make that drooling nearby. Wouldn't want to mess the finish.

I hear you; not much looks better than black when it's clean. I have two black cars now. I said I wouldn't do it again after the first, because they take so much work to keep clean. I forgot all about that though with the next car. I'm now saying (again) I won't own another black car. It's not inconceivable that I'll forget about that again with the model 3.

• Funny
Reactions: MountainRatMat
On the model 3, the Tesla Insignia on the front is on the hood as opposed to in the front (as is seen on the Model S and X).
Also saw the Blue one in Fremont, with the Turbine or Slipstream rims. Looked very sharp, and first glimpse was of the nose, emblem on the hood and curved daytime headlights, distinctively different enough to be easy to spot when on.

Here is the exact car we saw, someone else finely got a glimpse of it.

tesla-model-3-spy-photos-1.jpg

This is an old photo, featured way back on page 2 of this very thread.

I'm still set on blue for mine, I think, though the My Tesla page rendering looks a little brighter and I think I'd prefer that.

Yeah, I liked the Blue (Deep Blue Metallic version) so much I got it on my Model S almost two years ago. And to stop and see this other 'mini-me' of our EV was impressive, the wife still has her sights set on a Blue one for the Model 3 though.

Reactions: Snow Drift