Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another day another RC, at this rate the delivery event will be the most uneventful event ever, "yeah, we've seen loads of these already, thank you very much!".

We already knew for the most part what the car looked like. The real excitement at the reveal will be the specs! Range, power, etc.

Looking forward to finding out what the options are as well.

Reactions: tgal and anonim1979
But those employee are actually also customers in this case. Tesla is not giving company-owned cars to the employees to try. So would the NDA apply?
Knowing Tesla I'd imagine there's some kind of legal document similar to our reservation holder agreement but for employees. We'd have to have an insider tell us if there's actually anything preventing them from talking or posting their own reviews before the general launch.

Reactions: BluestarE3
Wouldn't those be revealed when the config page open to employees? which should happen before the delivery event, if I understand correctly

Has there been any confirmation of a "config page" for Model 3? I know that's how Tesla has traditionally done it, but with them having to make so many cars, it would "seem" to be cheaper and faster for them to make inventory cars and you pick one that suits your needs. Reservation holders will get the option to "pick one" first and if they pass because they are waiting for a different option set, the next batch in line gets a crack at it.

That's the more traditional way I know, but I wouldn't count it out until otherwise confirmed by Tesla.

-Jim

I don't see this posted yet. Came across a video of a red RC on twitter:

Raj Mathai on Twitter
Su padre!, these cars look so good in these new videos, the white posted yesterday and now the red one. They have an aggressive stance, the proportions are right, they just command attention! No wonder Elon feels the need to anti-sell these cars to protect his current lineup, they are awesome. I think the unconventional interior is what most potential buyers will have a problem with but I love it.

Has there been any confirmation of a "config page" for Model 3? I know that's how Tesla has traditionally done it, but with them having to make so many cars, it would "seem" to be cheaper and faster for them to make inventory cars and you pick one that suits your needs. Reservation holders will get the option to "pick one" first and if they pass because they are waiting for a different option set, the next batch in line gets a crack at it.

That's the more traditional way I know, but I wouldn't count it out until otherwise confirmed by Tesla.

-Jim
That traditional process may have more to do with the dealership model, than about being faster/cheaper, IMO

Reactions: dsvick
I don't see this posted yet. Came across a video of a red RC on twitter:

Raj Mathai on Twitter
Raj is a news anchor at the local NBC affiliate here! Although it says "EXCLUSIVE", I don't know if Raj captured this himself or if someone sent it to him. If he did, Tesla should offer him an exclusive test ride in a Model 3 just for being so enterprising. He must be a closet Tesla fan to recognize the car while in motion (again, assuming he took this himself). Funny seeing the tweet response from his former colleague, Brent Cannon, asking how many "Tessa" compatible charging stations there are in San Jose. Obviously, he's not a big fan. :)

Last edited: