Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the charge port it looks like there is a cover placed around the port?
To maybe hide something?
What does everyone see?
It does looks that way...

But was it not an earlier picture of a charging Model 3? If I remember correct, that one had the charging port more up to the left, leaving more space so it could manage both a Tesla plug and (maybe) a CCS plug side-by-side? And that one had some "T" led indicating the charging (instead of the ring on S+X), maybe indicating that the charing was on the Tesla port, not the other?

Anyway it does looks like they are still working on this part, so things may still change in one direction or an another...

I think it was the one who posted pix of that first open charge port photo saying there was a lit "T", but I couldn't see anything that looked any different than this latest one.
2017-05-21 Jassummers.jpg

2017-06-09 WattLOL8 6.jpg

I think it was the one who posted pix of that first open charge port photo saying there was a lit "T", but I couldn't see anything that looked any different than this latest one.
View attachment 230693

View attachment 230694
There is was :) You may not see any differences, but I do. Look on that "old" picture how close the port is to the support to the lid up to the left, when it is almost dead center on the "new".

At least we can now finally see a bit more what's going on in the rear seat. Looks like a compact middle headrest (some speculation was that the taller "Tesla" style one was just temporarily removed during testing), and possibly a flip down arm rest? Will have to actually test to see how comfortable 3 adults are.

50mBe3H.jpg

flipdown.jpg

• Love
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
Good intel, though I don't think we can rely too heavily on the seats from the alpha cars, as there are obviously some big changes that happened. Notably the seatbacks/headrests on the front seats, and at least the middle seat in the rear.

full
full

Is it just me or is anyone else concerned that the charge port door is just inviting someone to snap it off "just because"? I had heard of "rolling coal" but had never seen it until I started driving a Volt. Some folks just hate EVs. I can imagine one of those folks just snapping the door off because it is easy to do.

Is it just me or is anyone else concerned that the charge port door is just inviting someone to snap it off "just because"? I had heard of "rolling coal" but had never seen it until I started driving a Volt. Some folks just hate EVs. I can imagine one of those folks just snapping the door off because it is easy to do.

There is no difference between that.. and a fuel door on a regular ICE car.

Too many "what if"s with this car.

What if the display pops off... what if someone rips off the charge port...

That could happen with anything.

I used to get a lot of mean honkers and trucks driving my LEAF around with my Bernie 2016 sticker around the election... but then I live in a red enclave of SoCal.

having a convertible, I can tell you much more road noise comes from the sides than overhead. Its easier to have a conversation and/or hear the radio with the top down and windows up than top up and windows down.
So with that said, I don't think such a small roof area would make a difference if it's glass or metal with a liner.

yeah. Windows up and wind deflector installed you can sometimes forget that you are sitting in a convertible.

Well, it's probably not any more fragile than a Volt charge door, which I managed to snap off at least once on mine. I never had troubles at public chargers though.

You'd think they know
Good intel, though I don't think we can rely too heavily on the seats from the alpha cars, as there are obviously some big changes that happened. Notably the seatbacks/headrests on the front seats, and at least the middle seat in the rear.

full
full
Looks similar to me with a slight difference. The middle headrest is removable supposedly in the alphas. This one looks fixed though.

Is it possible they have a cut steering wheel like the concept art under there? The angles under the sweatshirt don't look like they fall on a circular wheel, too start at the top as if its a cut wheel turned slightly to the right.

honestly, just looks like a normal steering wheel to me.

It is also clear that this Model 3 has been strategically parked there to wait for some curious Tesla owner. Musk is probably reading this thread with some popcorn right now.

Why don't we consider the simplest option?

Attachments

• 88797350.jpg
    88797350.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited: