Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cars have had buttons to open a trunk for AGES. My 10 year old car has it. :)

It just unlocks it... so you can open it. :)

I bet the lock latches are powered. Just no power liftgate.
Lol - my 12 year old car has is too...not sure why I didn't think of that. I suppose for me I don't care if the charge door is powered, as long as it opens when I press the button on the charger (as opposed to having a button in the cabin somewhere).

If those "OPEN" icons are for the charge door, why are there 4 of them? Looks like one on each corner.

I only see three. Enhanced the image and labeled button functions.
Explanation.png

The "balls" on the steering wheel look very similar to the scroll wheels on the Acura MDX. They have a normal scroll wheel, but they also can be rocked left or right as an additional control. Similar to a directional pad I guess, but looks better in my opinion.
I just looked for some pictures of the MDX wheel, and you are right, it looks like the left scroll wheel on the MDX, which has arrows indicating it can rock left or right. This makes sense, given Model 3 wheel is missing the 4 buttons from the Model S wheel, so this can substitute for it.

• Informative
Reactions: Matias
You can open the charge port door from inside. Here's hoping it fully opens for full autonomy and not just pops open a little like gas covers.

View attachment 230971

One press to navigate home or work? Plus Autopilot on "shifter". :) One press full autonomy to work? Sure! :)

I just watched a video of the new "silky smooth" autopilot release on Electrek. Full autonomy is a long way away.

If you check the rear shots of all the RC cars, there's no actual keyhole to open the trunk (not that Tesla's use a metal key anyway) so there will have to be something that unlocks the trunk from the inside, regardless of whether you have to walk to the back and lift up the back yourself (or have your servant do it, you wealth guy you)

Reactions: Jayc and MarkeR2002
Snap1.jpg

Snap2.jpg

It appears they are running test software on the screen. I can't make out all of the tests, but one appears to be a low voltage measurement. 13.5V in the first pic and 13.0V in the second. "CAN" on the left side I assume is CAN bus measurements.

Reactions: GOFORIT5
One thing I have not observed before... We all know about this "one vent-slit to rule them all" in the TM3, but in this latest pictures I think I see one more slit pointing upwards just in front of the tree-part of the dashboard? This also goes all along the with of the dashboard, but at the end on the right side of the car you can see it has a rounded end so I think this is meant to be, not just bad alignment :p