Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like below the horn could be a trackpad. The thickness behind it seems a little big.

I hope you're right, that would tick the 'spaceship' feature off. Being in the middle down low, it wouldn't be used accidentally, and it would allow for a lot of UX flexibility.

Unfortunately though, I doubt it. It would be very smudgy from testing if that's what it was.

As others have noted, it appears that you use the right side stalk to engage EAP. My guess is that, when you are in "D", another push down on the stalk engages EAP. But how does one engage TACC and not EAP? Maybe there is no longer a distinction between them? And how does one set the TACC interval between you and the car ahead?

AND WHAT THE HECK ARE THE TWO SMALL ROUND BALLS ON THE STEERING WHEEL SPOKES? Maybe they are trackballs that control a cursor on the center display? But that seems awkward. I don't think that is what they are for. But they certainly are functional and not just decoration. Very interesting...

Reactions: cdub
I am bewildered. It seems nobody has commented that the Model 3 has storage pockets on each front door. Does nobody in this thread have a Model S? Has nobody been irritated by that lack in the years of loving the S? X, too, but this has been an S issue for five years!

Three cheers for excellence in design for the Model 3, solving the previously insoluble technical problem!:cool::rolleyes: Sunglasses, wallet, mace, keys- so much junk that stuffed the govebox for these S years!

I am bewildered. It seems nobody has commented that the Model 3 has storage pockets on each front door. Does nobody in this thread have a Model S? Has nobody been irritated by that lack in the years of loving the S? X, too, but this has been an S issue for five years!

Three cheers for excellence in design for the Model 3, solving the previously insoluble technical problem!:cool::rolleyes: Sunglasses, wallet, mace, keys- so much junk that stuffed the govebox for these S years!

I'm just happy that those cup holders look like they were designed by Americans!! I MIGHT be able to comfortably carry a large iced coffee in there!

the door pockets were included on the alpha, so think people since seeing it last year have assumed it would have door pockets and so not a revolutionary thing to see now.

Reactions: Big-T and jbcarioca
As others have noted, it appears that you use the right side stalk to engage EAP. My guess is that, when you are in "D", another push down on the stalk engages EAP. But how does one engage TACC and not EAP? Maybe there is no longer a distinction between them? And how does one set the TACC interval between you and the car ahead?

AND WHAT THE HECK ARE THE TWO SMALL ROUND BALLS ON THE STEERING WHEEL SPOKES? Maybe they are trackballs that control a cursor on the center display? But that seems awkward. I don't think that is what they are for. But they certainly are functional and not just decoration. Very interesting...
The "balls" on the steering wheel look very similar to the scroll wheels on the Acura MDX. They have a normal scroll wheel, but they also can be rocked left or right as an additional control. Similar to a directional pad I guess, but looks better in my opinion.

• Informative
Reactions: mblakele