Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting to see the Model 3 parked next to one of it's competitors, the Mercedes C-class. Model 3 comes across as smaller probably because it's not as tall. Hope the Model 3 get's folding mirror like the C-class. They come in handy for tight parking lots like this one.
I really want auto folding mirrors, because who remembers to fold them? I don't think I even knew I could do it manually for the first few years I had my car.

the 225/55/17 is much cheaper at $81 for the same model, but I haven't see any 5-series with 17" tires on them
Appears that BMWUSA sells 5-series starting on 18" and 3-series starting on 17".
Both an inch bigger than in rest of the world.

Appears big rims is an American thingo_O
Well majority of 5-series (like 2011-2016) have 17". Stock (extremely popular) rims on stock (non-metallic white) color with stock trim and no options looks like this:
BMW_5er_%28F10%29_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht%2C_4._Mai_2011%2C_Mettmann.jpg

They probably batch them with Model S/X shipments, minimizing shipping costs.
Yes, but they would still be spending money to ship a car over there to just sit in a showroom.

Less than cost to destroy and immeasurable marketing value IMO. This appears to be one sexy car... all who have seen in the flesh say better than pix. I suspect showroom presence would retain most of the 400k reservations and create huge further backlog
They'd have to crush them anyway as soon as there were drivable test cars available they would no longer need the one sitting the showroom taking up space.

Here in the US the base BMW 530i has options of 245/45/18 or 245/40/19

Pretty much all 2017 BMW 3-series run 225/45/18, and most 2017 Audi A4s run 245/40/18

Tesla's sidewall should be slightly larger than both, and tire width is in between the two.

At Goodyear's website, the Kelly Edge HP (45k mi) model has the following prices per tire

BMW 225/45/18: $136
Audi 245/40/18: $143
Model 3: 235/45/18: $130

the 225/55/17 is much cheaper at $81 for the same model, but I haven't see any 5-series with 17" tires on them
Yeah, I was hoping base would have 17s partly because of tire cost. But it seems the market prefers larger wheels (at least in US), so I guess Tesla went this way.

Reactions: arnis