Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 rear door no unpowered emergency release safety

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks jrmt23.
I like the rear seat escape that relys on a relatively simple modification.
Our car has these escape tools already.
I am trying to get to a faster, more accessible solution for rear seat escapes that doesn't rely on them finding & using the escape tool(s)
And the driver and/or the front seat passengers may or may not be able to respond. Your further comments would be appreciated.
Any other members have any suggestions for Tesla mod shops in West LA that might be able to do these mods for me?
John

Maybe something like this?

A Seatbelt and glass breaker in one.

I have two similar tools for the back seat passengers. I put them in the seatback pockets. Sure, in a non-life threatening situation, you can possibly crawl over the seats into the front and then exit using the manual door latches. You may even be able to lower the rear seatbacks and get out the trunk (assuming that you haven't installed seat locks in the trunk), But if somebody's life is in danger, by all means use the hammer, break the glass and get out. A couple of broken windows is nothing compared to a life.

@JM@1020 I found member Araex's video post here: Model 3 rear door no unpowered emergency release safety

My guess is that he used one of the promotional item companies such as 4imprint or Vistaprint. Those places offer many items which can have custom printing on them (like his). The problem is that you need to order multiple quantities; like 300 minimum. 4imprint does offer a free sample so you might be able to ask for two different colors? Or find two different companies which offer the same item (or close to it).

ref: Neoprene Wrist Strap Key Holder
ref: Color Changing Key Chain

=============================

(moderator note: thread combined with existing thread on this topic, which is referenced in this post above)

Last edited by a moderator: