Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 reliability so far?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am pretty sensitive to cabin noise and am pretty confident that yes the Tesla is louder than the other cars mentioned.... especially the German ones.

Noises I mention can be heard over the stereo if it playing at a lower volume. Number one comment from Tesla SC around noise issues is that you should just play the radio louder.

They did resolve the last "big" noise issue that was driving me crazy which was an intermittent rattle coming out of the dash. While they had the car they fixed several other rattles they diagnosed on their own. That brings the total list of noise issues they've diagnosed, confirmed and fixed to something like 10.

Crazy. Maybe I’m just less sensitive. The only noise I ever hear is the seatbelt rattle lol.

Noises I mention can be heard over the stereo if it playing at a lower volume. Number one comment from Tesla SC around noise issues is that you should just play the radio louder.
The Magliozzi Brothers used to recommend black electrical tape to cover annoying warning lights, too.
Robin

click-clack.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
m3p+ with a June build date. Only issues i have had are some rattles from the rear doors. Mobile tech came out and almost fixed one of the rattles. It appears to be coming from the window regulator assembly. He actually replaced the entire window regulator/motor assembly. Rattle did not completely go away on the left door but is a lot more silent now. I have to schedule another appointment to take care of the other rattle on the right rear passenger door. I also have wind noise but i'm hoping that the rubber seals which i have yet to install on the doors and roof help out with that.

M3P+ with 16,020 miles. Zero issues. I had the mobile service team install the CF spoiler at my home when it was finally available. Only time I’ve been to the SC was to take delivery of the car. Certainly not my experience with any other car I’ve ever owned (VW Rabbit, VW GTI, BMW 320i, Mazda Miata, Mazda 5, Toyota Sienna, Volvo 850, Audi A6, Acura NSX, MINI Cooper S, Chevy Volt, Cadillac ELR, Fiat 500E x2). No complaints what so ever.

• Love
Reactions: SO16 and Electroman
m3p+ with a June build date. Only issues i have had are some rattles from the rear doors. Mobile tech came out and almost fixed one of the rattles. It appears to be coming from the window regulator assembly. He actually replaced the entire window regulator/motor assembly. Rattle did not completely go away on the left door but is a lot more silent now. I have to schedule another appointment to take care of the other rattle on the right rear passenger door. I also have wind noise but i'm hoping that the rubber seals which i have yet to install on the doors and roof help out with that.

Owners rushing out and spending $$ to install aftermarket door seals to fix wind noise on new $35,000-$60,000 auto is a bit absurd IMO.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
It comes down to experience and design. 15year old company's 1st mass market car vs 100+ years of manufacturing experience. Not a fair comparison imho. Model Y and forward should be much better quality.

That's probably true. The painful thing is there were plenty of people Tesla could have brought on board to help them with this stuff. There are engineers at Merc, Audi, BMW who have this experience and it probably wouldn't have significantly delayed Tesla or cost too much $$ per vehicle to do things a bit better.

We'll see on the Model Y, I am very interested in it but won't purchase till they have been building them for at least a year and I am able to do multiple test drives.