Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 reservations ($1000 down) will be accepted in Tesla stores....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm...I'm a bit bummed as I may not actually be able to be at the store in Milan that morning, but if I could do it and IF they'd allow it that means my US order would get a good spot since I am ordering for pickup at the factory in CA as a CA customer. I may stop in at the Tesla store in Milan tomorrow (Sunday) just to check. If they allow it I may try to get the morning of the 31st off to go reserve...

Only verbal, from the guy in the Toronto store. Be good to have another confirmation.
OK, it would be good to have another source. I remember earlier on it had been suggested that you could only reserve in your own country (and some people from Europe had questions about that, but I never found followup answers).

I'm also from Roc, but need to be back to Roc by 5:30PM or so. I'm not sure that even Toronto is viable for a day trip (or whether I could really skip out on work..so much to do).

Called my local store in ATL today and was surprised when they told me reservations start at 10AM EST when the store opens (not 1PM EST as the Tesla email said).

Glad I called though.

Tesla already sent out an update.

"Reservations for Model 3 begin on March 31st worldwide. There are two ways to make a reservation. The first, which will allow you to get a better spot in the queue, is to visit your local Tesla store when it opens on March 31st. Second is to make a reservation online at Tesla.comwhen the live unveil starts at 8:30pm PDT."

Is it safe to assume Tesla will make over $1,000,000 today in reservations alone?

If by "make" you mean "earn" Tesla isn't earning anything today by taking reservations for the Model 3. Earnings will come when the cars are sold and delivered.

Hum i think it's already done, someone reported over 200 reservations in one store in Sydney alone

I'm not sure what you were saying, but it would take 1000 reservations at $1000 a pop for Tesla to have taken in $1,000,000. That may, indeed, already have happened but your statement about 200 reservations in one store in Sydney is not proof of that.

Plain and simple? I don't think we'll really see "long lines" of people anywhere. By long lines, you're thinking like an iPhone launch? <SNIP>

I'd be surprised if there are more than 20 people "in line" waiting to make an M3 deposit (not counting enablers and friends, but actual deposits being made).

I really don't think people are going to be camping out.

You’ll be OK, Hank, if we don’t refer to you as “Nostradamus” for a while? :)

Tesla Model 3 lines are the new iPhone lines
“At the time of writing, over 100 people — physicians, bankers, engineers, existing Tesla owners, etc. — were waiting in line at Tesla’s Dublin, California showroom to put down a deposit on the long-awaited car, which isn’t expected to ship until at least 2017.”

Tesla Model 3: in-store reservations a success as impressive lines of people are spotted around the world [Live updates]
“At some locations, more than a hundred people have been spotted queuing up in front Tesla’s retail stores before they could can even see the car since it will only be unveiled tonight at Tesla’s Design Studio in Hawthorne, California, at 8:30pm Pacific (3:30 UTC).

Here’s a picture of a Tesla store in a mall in Stockholm, Sweden where an estimated ~130 people are waiting in line:”

Tesla Model 3 draws lines to dealerships a day before unveiling

As to what I had to say in response to one of Hank’s posts…I’ll be opening my sports betting service soon. Stay tuned. :)

However I would still take the "over" bet on the line you set of 20 people max on line at any store waiting to make a deposit. (I know you didn't really set a line. So I guess I'm saying I think you'll be surprised.)

Yes, it's not going to be like an iPhone release day. But I think there will be some fairly significant lines in some places, and in all likelihood it'll make the mainstream news.

Last edited:
The tesla.com website is now showing online reservations opening at 7:30 PM Pacific Time, instead of 8:30 PM Pacific Time! That's in just a few minutes!

Model 3 730 PM.jpg

Last edited: