Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD got beat by an Audi turbo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What kind of Audi turbo? They have a few models ...

The Model 3 RWD is the least powerful vehicle that Tesla makes. It is not a performance vehicle. Check the numbers online but I doubt the speed boost is going to be enough to beat whatever car you were embarrassed by.

Reactions: Lindenwood
What kind of Audi turbo? They have a few models ...

The Model 3 RWD is the least powerful vehicle that Tesla makes. It is not a performance vehicle. Check the numbers online but I doubt the speed boost is going to be enough to beat whatever car you were embarrassed by.
While it isn't a performance vehicle, it will still beat the majority of cars sold off the line.

I put it in standard mode and got beat by an Audi turbo-would speed change anything ? Cost and is it worth it ?
There is no speed boost available for RWD. It is what it is.

If you wanted a fast car you should have gotten the LR or performance. The Tesla website clearly states the 0-60 time of 5.8 seconds which is still faster than most other cars on the road but not “fast” by todays standards.

Depending what Audi model it was, they can be very fast. Especially if it was tuned and they are very easy to tune and add a bunch of power to.

My guess the OP is complaining about the acceleration. Tesla clearly published acceleration time from 0 to 60MPH for each model.
If the Tesla M3 RWD, which I also own, if is beaten by another brand/model, it's simply because that other car has faster acceleration.
It has been said above that the Tesla M3 RWD still accelerates faster than majority of other cars..

I have a 2019 M3 SR+ RWD and a 2020 MY LR AWD. My MY is clearly faster and profoundly more entertaining to drive. I need to drive my bro-in-law's M3 LR AWD some time to see what that is like, and maybe a performance model.

I occasionally go full throttle in my MY to make a fool of a red neck in a truck. I would never attempt that in my M3.

Reactions: MOE J and WyoDude