Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reality of the situation is that Tesla do not want to build M3 RWDs … why? Because they don’t make enough money on them … why? Because they aren’t charging as much as they should/could on them. Therefore, they will put the price up at some point to reduce the new orders for RWD relative to the more expensive models, therefore we have a bargain … therefore we are onto a good thing! Yes Tesla can try and put prospective owners off with extended delivery dates but feck ‘em, even they know we are onto a good thing. Hang in their folks! Imagine the scenario where they stop making RWDs altogether at some point in the near future … and we have an appreciating Classic Car on our hands! 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: Dommmm and partywme
Reading the above changes prompted me to look again.. it has changed from February to ..November 14 - December 29. Long interval but at least an interval.

M3RWD W/B/Aeros Ordered April 11th. Basic model.
This whole EDD process is crazy! I’ve ordered the same spec as you but with white interior, ordered March 5th… yet my EDD is November - January!? Where is the logic

More good news to share. I ordered 24/04/22 M3 RWD (MSM/ black interior/ Aero wheels). My EDD just moved forward from Feb 2023 to Aug 24 to Oct 8.
Oh WoW!!! :O I ordered M3 RWD (Red, white, aero) on 13/02/22, my EDD moved back from August to November 2 - December 17. I am from ROI, seems tesla is not interested in us at all as seeing other folks from ROI are also being pushed!!!

Oh WoW!!! :O I ordered M3 RWD (Red, white, aero) on 13/02/22, my EDD moved back from August to November 2 - December 17. I am from ROI, seems tesla is not interested in us at all as seeing other folks from ROI are also being pushed!!!
Sorry to hear that. I’m taking my new EDD with a pinch of salt as I have seen many others have dates move back after moving forward.

Hang in there, I’m sure that all cars will be made as fast as possible and will be worth the wait once they (finally) arrive.

This whole EDD process is crazy! I’ve ordered the same spec as you but with white interior, ordered March 5th… yet my EDD is November - January!? Where is the logic
Sorry to hear that, assuming ‘logic’ may be the error unless.. hopefully you will update to something better soon or I am being wildly optimistic in having any faith in my estimate !

The reason why I wouldn’t be to concerned with the EDD’s is some of us have varying dates in no particular order (with matching specs)

Pretty much all of the EDD’s for RWD m3’s appear to be ruling out Q3 completely. I’d be shocked if they didn’t bother to build any cars matching our specs over the next few months.

I must admit it’s a strange set up Tesla work on.. they don’t seem to build to order so I guess there’s a chance they just churn out the most expensive models, with the hope we all get tired of waiting for our specs and upgrade. I do wonder how much Elon/Tesla actually values customer feedback. I think we will find the answer to this over the next few months.

Reactions: LoneRanger
The reason why I wouldn’t be to concerned with the EDD’s is some of us have varying dates in no particular order (with matching specs)

Pretty much all of the EDD’s for RWD m3’s appear to be ruling out Q3 completely. I’d be shocked if they didn’t bother to build any cars matching our specs over the next few months.

I must admit it’s a strange set up Tesla work on.. they don’t seem to build to order so I guess there’s a chance they just churn out the most expensive models, with the hope we all get tired of waiting for our specs and upgrade. I do wonder how much Elon/Tesla actually values customer feedback. I think we will find the answer to this over the next few months.
I'd be very surprised if they didn't make any RWD in Q3. It would have such a big knock on effect for later orders or people ordering now.

Reactions: Millenium101

Model 3 RWD with a Q3 EDD. What makes you think they won't produce any in Q3? That would be insane, I'd bet money these are the most in demand due to them being the most affordable. Everytime I go out these days I can almost guarantee that I'll see a white M3 SR+/RWD on the road. Don't forget there's probably hundreds of orders that don't view these forums.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220604-101905_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220604-101905_Tesla.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: Millenium101
Model 3 RWD with a Q3 EDD. What makes you think they won't produce any in Q3? That would be insane, I'd bet money these are the most in demand due to them being the most affordable. Everytime I go out these days I can almost guarantee that I'll see a white M3 SR+/RWD on the road. Don't forget there's probably hundreds of orders that don't view these forums.
They’ve been focusing on fulfilling the more expensive orders this quarter (pure speculation but could be due to a cash flow problem) with most model Y’s and performance/LR M3’s being delivered this month. If they was building to order I would have taken delivery of my car this month too.

If they continue with the above then I could see very few RWD’s being delivered in Q3.

I ordered in January an was given the month of may for delivery. I’m now pushed out to November-December. This is a 6-7 month delay while the factory in Shanghai was only closed for a couple of months.

Another factor is the Berlin factory not ramping up production as quickly as Tesla anticipated

They’ve been focusing on fulfilling the more expensive orders this quarter (pure speculation but could be due to a cash flow problem) with most model Y’s and performance/LR M3’s being delivered this month. If they was building to order I would have taken delivery of my car this month too.

If they continue with the above then I could see very few RWD’s being delivered in Q3.

I ordered in January an was given the month of may for delivery. I’m now pushed out to November-December. This is a 6-7 month delay while the factory in Shanghai was only closed for a couple of months.

Another factor is the Berlin factory not ramping up production as quickly as Tesla anticipated
I agree with you, although I have a EDD Aug/Sept … once bitten twice shy I’m afraid … I won’t be holding my breath. Why make cheapest models when they can sell (even more overpriced) higher spec models. The only convincing counter argument I have seen on here was one that someone made about having a stock of LFP batteries that need using.

I agree with you, although I have a EDD Aug/Sept … once bitten twice shy I’m afraid … I won’t be holding my breath. Why make cheapest models when they can sell (even more overpriced) higher spec models. The only convincing counter argument I have seen on here was one that someone made about having a stock of LFP batteries that need using.
It seems that since the MiA SR+/RWD went LFP it has affected worldwide availability of the RWD - that LFP battery is constrained. I think that is the reason for long delivery estimates rather than just prioritising higher value vehicles. Tesla ideally need a mix to achieve maximum production because the LG battery would be a constraint too if they only produced LR/performance models.

It seems that since the MiA SR+/RWD went LFP it has affected worldwide availability of the RWD - that LFP battery is constrained. I think that is the reason for long delivery estimates rather than just prioritising higher value vehicles. Tesla ideally need a mix to achieve maximum production because the LG battery would be a constraint too if they only produced LR/performance models.
Sounds sensible.
The RWD also now features a new motor which also can be a contributing factor.

The reality of the situation is that Tesla do not want to build M3 RWDs … why? Because they don’t make enough money on them … why? Because they aren’t charging as much as they should/could on them. Therefore, they will put the price up at some point to reduce the new orders for RWD relative to the more expensive models, therefore we have a bargain … therefore we are onto a good thing! Yes Tesla can try and put prospective owners off with extended delivery dates but feck ‘em, even they know we are onto a good thing. Hang in their folks! Imagine the scenario where they stop making RWDs altogether at some point in the near future … and we have an appreciating Classic Car on our hands! 😀
I think you have a complete biased view against Tesla. You may not even like the car if you begin your journey with this attitude. While margins are increasing, all Tesla models are still significantly cheaper than other EVs. When I got my MiC Model Y (after it was delayed for months), it came with a new 12V Li-Ion battery, better CPU, and wireless charging, compared to the MiA models. You can be assured that delays usually indicate supply problems and upcoming feature upgrades.