Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 software super-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My observation about wipers operation on 40.2.1. The wiper speed in Auto appears to be dictated by the rate of raindrop accumulation, rather than the amount of water on the windshield. This could explain any inconsistencies anyone is seeing. In very light rain, it seems to not wipe until the window is completely saturated.

Last edited:
Reactions: colettimj
My observation about wipers operation on 40.2.1. The wiper speed in Auto appears to be dictated by the rate of raindrop accumulation, rather than the amount of water on the windshield. This could explain any inconsistencies anyone is seeing. In very light rain, it seems to not wipe until the window is completely saturated.

One thing I've noticed is that pressing the wipe button (on the left stalk) seems to wake up the wipers if they are not going, and they take the hint and start being more aggressive about wiping.

Auto wipers remain *sugar* with the latest deep rain update SMH. Drove 140 miles in the rain and it was useless.

There is such a surprising difference in opinion on how well the new wiper software works. I find that it works really well now. I got half-way through my drive today before I realized that I didn't mess with the wipers a single time despite all the rain and mist. Yesterday when it was mostly misty, I had to press the button on the stalk just once to wake them up or something but after I did that, the wipers performed flawlessly for the rest of the drive.

Reactions: Robert831
There is such a surprising difference in opinion on how well the new wiper software works. I find that it works really well now. I got half-way through my drive today before I realized that I didn't mess with the wipers a single time despite all the rain and mist. Yesterday when it was mostly misty, I had to press the button on the stalk just once to wake them up or something but after I did that, the wipers performed flawlessly for the rest of the drive.

the problem now for me is that they’re way too fast. I had max speed wipers for barely drizzling rain, every time I try to put on auto. I’m not use if the camera was fogged up, but autopilot was working fine and windshield was not fogged

the problem now for me is that they’re way too fast. I had max speed wipers for barely drizzling rain, every time I try to put on auto. I’m not use if the camera was fogged up, but autopilot was working fine and windshield was not fogged

My driving has been pretty much all on the freeway so all the water mist that gets kicked up means I want them to wipe fast. I guess I need to wait and see how they work on a day where it is just drizzling and a slower speed would be more appropriate. It's probably better for them to wipe too fast versus too slow but going too fast can be pretty distracting/annoying for sure.