Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an update notification on my 3 as well. Installing now, assuming this is 2018.48.12.1 since that version is currently seeing rapid deployment according to TeslaFi. Really crossing my fingers this fixes the low bass / subwoofer bug for me finally as well as a few other bugs I’ve encountered in the last two versions I’ve had.

Reactions: Frunkenstein
Have a mobile tech visit today and 48.1 landed on my car this morning. I applied it instantly out of instinct and the tech called me about 10 minutes after he finished. Hes replacing the charge port door, which apparently has to pair to the car via firmware update after the part is installed. He was mildly annoyed that I was so quick to apply it and said that he'll have to push it again. Oh well.

Are you saying that while the mobile tech was working on your car that you triggered the update remotely via the Tesla app?

Here’s the release notes for 2018.48.12.1:

582F4A01-7C7A-47BD-9C23-2AD957CA6406.jpeg

3494DB35-2268-4143-8A73-3E166E0D9A37.jpeg

3AEC3ED7-0C54-4523-A72E-BF69CCB648E1.jpeg

767CADDB-414F-4055-9FFF-7BAECF3B7115.jpeg

Bass seems to be better for me now but I need to give it a little while to determine if it’s really been fixed.

Here’s Romance Mode in action. From what I’ve experienced so far it has at least 4 different songs that it will randomly play, but I suspect the total number of songs it uses may be quite high.

Using the left scroll wheel works in Romance Mode to go to the next track or pause/play the music. You can also start the music by just pressing the left scroll wheel button, don’t need to touch the screen.

Pole position is hands down the best of the Atari games. They changed the car to be a Model 3. I wonder if in an S the car on the screen looks like an S and in an X it looks like an X?

Anyway, the steering is very very sensitive and will take some getting used to but I can see myself playing this regularly whenever I’m waiting in my car.