Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a mobile tech visit today and 48.1 landed on my car this morning. I applied it instantly out of instinct and the tech called me about 10 minutes after he finished. Hes replacing the charge port door, which apparently has to pair to the car via firmware update after the part is installed. He was mildly annoyed that I was so quick to apply it and said that he'll have to push it again. Oh well.

V9 has been rock solid for me. You might want to schedule a SC visit as something else might be wrong.
Hummm I have been to the SC for something else and mentioned it to them. They didnt know. And said they will push a new update. It this was several updates ago.

My EAP still hugs the lanes like old Version 8s.

Only the last Version 8 did really well in staying center in the lanes.

What if I don’t want to change lanes. How do I get ride of the prompt that keep asking me to confirm?
There is a Navigate on Autopilot setting (Speed based lane changes) that lets you set lane changes from "mild" to "average" to "mad max" but you can also select "disable".
If you select "disable" you can still manually change your lane which is what I've done. Since you cannot see cars far enough behind you on the display to actually make a safe decision if I want to change lanes I just look out the window.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: C141medic
There are a lot of times it prompts me to change lanes when it's not appropriate. I just ignore it. You'll get the single beep to remind you one time, but after that it's silent. The visual cue on the screen remains there but it doesn't bother me.
It will never ding for a “confirm lane change for faster lane” prompt. The only one that causes a ding is if it believes you must make this lane change to follow your route.... which seems like a good balance.

Of course sometimes it suggests mandatory lane changes too early for my liking.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Have any photos of this? Is the self parking functionality actually usable now? In my almost 9 months of ownership I’ve used self park once...

I can't wait for them to enable the cameras for self-parking. I really don't trust the ultrasonics. I've yet to try parallel parking, but perpendicular is downright scary in my opinion. It gets sooooo close to other cars that I'm left wishing I had just parked myself. I also find it unsettling that it no longer displays the distance from other objects when self-parking, so I can't judge very well if it's about to hit something or not.

Have a mobile tech visit today and 48.1 landed on my car this morning. I applied it instantly out of instinct and the tech called me about 10 minutes after he finished. Hes replacing the charge port door, which apparently has to pair to the car via firmware update after the part is installed. He was mildly annoyed that I was so quick to apply it and said that he'll have to push it again. Oh well.
If he wanted it after the job was done, he should not have pushed it early. My mobile tech also pushed an update to my car at the beginning of his work day because he wanted it applied by the time he arrived. I instinctively complied and he was happy about it.