Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the big deal? Companies like Apple are able to release iOS updates (sometimes they're 1GB+) over the air. Tesla just needs to have a few servers hosting the file around the country/world.
And Apple has an extensive, mature (and expensive) infrastructure to handle the load. I do not believe Tesla has anything near that yet.

What's the big deal? Companies like Apple are able to release iOS updates (sometimes they're 1GB+) over the air. Tesla just needs to have a few servers hosting the file around the country/world.

the issue now is the bandwidth for OTA. If it's an Apple device, either your carrier is providing free data for iOS updates, or you're on wifi pulling it.

AFAIK, Tesla hasn't struck any "free data for updates" deals with AT+T.

Reactions: MentalNomad
Captured a video of Autopilot unnecessarily braking morning, luckily I wasnt going that fast, but you can see that it did slow down (and car infront of me driving away) because the car on the right was just too close to the left of the lane and not even trying to change lanes

Heres the gif:

2019.5.4 unnecessary braking

Doesn’t look problematic to me there but I’m sure it felt different thank it looks.

Captured a video of Autopilot unnecessarily braking morning, luckily I wasnt going that fast, but you can see that it did slow down (and car infront of me driving away) because the car on the right was just too close to the left of the lane and not even trying to change lanes

Heres the gif:

I actually find it more annoying at lower speeds... In stop and go traffic on a certain stretch of highway it happens to me every morning. If you watch the display you will see different cars get highlighted which is the AP tracking different cars. The problem is when it goes and tracks a car in an adjacent lane.

Your video shows the suspect car hugging the side of the lane, but in my morning commute that isn't the case every time it switches track to another vehicle.

I think since this update, my rear camera would change to a black screen when I switch from Drive to Reverse. I have to press the shift stick up one more time to get the camera. I wonder if this has sometime to do with having 3 cameras for dashcam.

I think since this update, my rear camera would change to a black screen when I switch from Drive to Reverse. I have to press the shift stick up one more time to get the camera. I wonder if this has sometime to do with having 3 cameras for dashcam.

I too have noticed frequent black screen delays of anywhere from 1-4 seconds with the rear view camera on 2019.5.4. I’ve been submitting bug reports every time it’s happened.

Reactions: Need

Heres the gif:

This looks like what a cautious driver should do. If I see someone behaving oddly I give them a little space until I'm sure of their intentions. Don't expect automated driving systems to drive as recklessly as humans.

This looks like what a cautious driver should do. If I see someone behaving oddly I give them a little space until I'm sure of their intentions. Don't expect automated driving systems to drive as recklessly as humans.

The car was just very close to the left side of the lane without any intention of coming over - any normal driver would likely not put on their brakes for this. The gif does not really show the braking well, but look at the car in front of me who gets further away quickly. This is just one instance of maybe 4 or 5 during a 10 mile drive

The car was just very close to the left side of the lane without any intention of coming over - any normal driver would likely not put on their brakes for this. The gif does not really show the braking well, but look at the car in front of me who gets further away quickly. This is just one instance of maybe 4 or 5 during a 10 mile drive

Good thing about Tesla is that these issues get resolved with software updates.

Did you accelerate to override the AP?