Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.9.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the service centers you can connect to the Wifi and it will automatically push the latest update. I waited outside before they opened and connected to the Wifi in Santa Clara. The update appeared soon after. You have to know the password, and I was able to google it.
So theoretically it would be possible to go there after hours and hang out in the Wifi covered area and get the update....

Are you sure that you need to know the password? On the S I used to have, it appeared to have been hardcoded. I pulled up, and it connected. No password needed.

Reactions: israndy
In the service centers you can connect to the Wifi and it will automatically push the latest update....
So theoretically it would be possible to go there after hours and hang out in the Wifi covered area and get the update....
Just as an FYI, I know that people used to swear by this and do it all the time but in the last couple of years I don't think that this is universally true any more.