Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.20 Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have a Model Y with Enhanced Autopilot or FSD and also no USS sensors? It won't be on cars other than those I imagine.
I have a Model Y with FSD, but it *does* have USS.

Checked in both app and in car release notes and no mention of autopark changes, just minor fixes.

Although at least Spotify loaded first time, so (fingers crossed) that issue might be one of the minor fixes...

That would be disappointing, especially because I don’t understand what a LHD/RHD distinction would change in regards to Autopark….
Agreed, you’d think it shouldn’t make a difference however it can drive the car quite a bit to get to a space. So maybe if it saw a car coming it would move to the wrong side to try to let it past. Don’t know but otherwise wouldn’t see any reason for other parts of Europe to get this and not the UK.

Facelift MS owner in UK reporting on FB that he has .6 with auto park
So purely which side the driver is, nothing to do with traffic flow
Same here S Plaid LHD

Attachments

• IMG_5751.png
    IMG_5751.png
    422.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Informative
Reactions: JupiterMan
Maybe its a HW4 only thing?

Several people with EAP/FSD with cars that otherwise ought to have got it, haven't - e.g. 2022 on cars with Ryzen, no USS.

A Highland Model 3 owner said they just had "minor fixes" too, but didn't come back to say whether or not they had EAP or not.

Have also heard people saying the release notes are different in the app vs in the car.

Maybe its a HW4 only thing?

Several people with EAP/FSD with cars that otherwise ought to have got it, haven't - e.g. 2022 on cars with Ryzen, no USS.

A Highland Model 3 owner said they just had "minor fixes" too, but didn't come back to say whether or not they had EAP or not.

Have also heard people saying the release notes are different in the app vs in the car.
I don't think so. Autopark has been released in the US several versions ago (I think first or second branch of 2024.x). to all FSD models except maybe some legacy / MCU1/2

As usual, they are slowly rolling out to RoW.
I think as stated above that this is simply RHD being left out for no apparent reason, and that it will come later on...

Facelift MS owner in UK reporting on FB that he has .6 with auto park
So purely which side the driver is, nothing to do with traffic flow
I wouldn't be so sure. Be quite easy for Tesla to miss or forget that they shipped a few LHD cars into the UK. The location of the steering wheel shouldn't make any difference here but is looking like they've only released it for LHD cars and not RHD.

Reactions: Tomnook

...suggests that Intel cars with USS are getting it as well, and getting the marshmallow view while using it. Not confirmed by the video though, can see an upgraded console which would mean it's at least a late 2020 car.

Needless to say I didn't get it on my RHD car - 2024.20.6 shows "minor fixes" only.

EDIT: Scratch the above - right at the end of the video it does the pre-V12 car UI when he goes into Park. I assume on the Ryzen cars it would go into the full screen car model view?

I wouldn't be so sure. Be quite easy for Tesla to miss or forget that they shipped a few LHD cars into the UK. The location of the steering wheel shouldn't make any difference here but is looking like they've only released it for LHD cars and not RHD.
Lol! You’re probably right- just tried it at a car park with fresh white lining and several parked cars. It picked up the lining and spaces perfectly but no sign whatsoever of the logo to mark the free spaces. Tried several times at low speed and still nothing.

LHD S Plaid HW4 UK