Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.20 Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is not unusual for Autopark on Teslas in my opinion. Seeing a "P" symbol on my car - with USS, etc is quite rare.
We get offered Autopark consistently on both our Teslas. What we don't seem to get is the ability to select between specific spaces to park in when there are several available. What I wrote may not be clear but for those who've watched Youtube videos of autopark in the USA it hopefully makes sense.

That is not unusual for Autopark on Teslas in my opinion. Seeing a "P" symbol on my car - with USS, etc is quite rare.
The new one though looks at least from videos that it should pick up really well. It's probably listed as available on the Model S/X LHD cars here in the UK but maybe is geo-fenced that it doesn't actually work anyway in the UK. Maybe actually our RHD cars would have it but only if you drive over to a LHD country in Europe.

We get offered Autopark consistently on both our Teslas. What we don't seem to get is the ability to select between specific spaces to park in when there are several available. What I wrote may not be clear but for those who've watched Youtube videos of autopark in the USA it hopefully makes sense.
I understand that is an improvement brought by this new (Vision) revamped Autopark offered on 20.6…. For LHD only at the moment.

Lol! You’re probably right- just tried it at a car park with fresh white lining and several parked cars. It picked up the lining and spaces perfectly but no sign whatsoever of the logo to mark the free spaces. Tried several times at low speed and still nothing.

LHD S Plaid HW4 UK
there's a new video on YouTube of a Highland M3 in Spain with Autopark today.

Functionality seems pretty close to the USA, including ability to choose parking spots.

FSD
Perhaps it didn’t pick up spaces since they were entirely white lined - no kerbs. Although the white lines showed clearly in the screen on all sides.
I’m going with the fact that only LHD cars seem to have got this that it’s just not available in the UK sadly.

Maybe 20.6.1 will fix that as I do think there’s no real reason they couldn’t offer it when they do on cars with USS. That or they are just going with a more limited and slower rollout globally and we haven’t been picked.

Reactions: Tomnook
IMG_2347.png

...suggests that Intel cars with USS are getting it as well, and getting the marshmallow view while using it.
From reading elsewhere, it appears they're using a new 2D marshmallow view developed specifically for the Intel MCUs, as they doesn't have powerful enough graphics to render 3D marshmallows (or at least, they haven't optimised it yet to run well enough on Intel).

I think the only practical difference is that it's locked to a birds eye view and you can't rotate the PoV.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel