Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.9.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I for one struggle to see the brake lights on the display, which can be handy. So that would get easier to see. Also, I bet it looks cooler :)

That's true. I thought I was the only one that had reason to look at the brake lights, but I'm always curious as to when exactly they're coming on and what I'm showing the car behind me when I ease off the accelerator.

Saw a Model 3 yesterday in the fast lane on the highway that kept briefly flashing his brake lights with nobody in front of him. The pickup truck riding his arse was getting really pissed.

So firmware that gives us extra range of 325 miles and faster acceleration has not been released yet?
I wonder if the battery charging display would show new 325 miles at 100% charge instead of 310 miles?

So firmware that gives us extra range of 325 miles and faster acceleration has not been released yet?
I wonder if the battery charging display would show new 325 miles at 100% charge instead of 310 miles?

People are saying 8.2 is the one with 5% performance increase, and 5.15 is the one with range increase to 325 miles. 8.2 should include range increase as well.

I'm still on an older firmware so I can't confirm...

Reactions: N8Howell33
i got mine on saturday.
if you want the update and havent gotten it yet. you schedule a service. the service center always pushes out the updates for vehicles coming in for service. then when u recieve the update just cancel the service. i did this and got it the next day.
my range increased to 325 also definitly feels faster. i made a video of mine doing the 0-60 in 5 sec. i have the long range rwd.
Also it brought sentry mode. not in my car now so cant really give the release notes but overall best update so far.

People are saying 8.2 is the one with 5% performance increase, and 5.15 is the one with range increase to 325 miles. 8.2 should include range increase as well.

I'm still on an older firmware so I can't confirm...

So first update gives you range increase
Second update gives you power increase

You don't see your range increased? Well it's because your power increased... something has got to give! LOL. :D

That's true. I thought I was the only one that had reason to look at the brake lights, but I'm always curious as to when exactly they're coming on and what I'm showing the car behind me when I ease off the accelerator.

Saw a Model 3 yesterday in the fast lane on the highway that kept briefly flashing his brake lights with nobody in front of him. The pickup truck riding his arse was getting really pissed.
Thanks for this! I was curious if Regen hit the brake lights and I didn't know the car on the display had lights. I'll be paying closer attention now.

Just an fyi, seems the power upgrade is stilll not fully rolled out to everyone yet. The AWD is coming soon according to Elon.

ElonFresh.PNG