Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.20 Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From reading elsewhere, it appears they're using a new 2D marshmallow view developed specifically for the Intel MCUs, as they doesn't have powerful enough graphics to render 3D marshmallows (or at least, they haven't optimised it yet to run well enough on Intel).

I think the only practical difference is that it's locked to a birds eye view and you can't rotate the PoV.
Watching some more videos it seems to only be birds eye during the auto park manoevre. It's definitely supposed to be different from AMD cars, though.

The new one though looks at least from videos that it should pick up really well. It's probably listed as available on the Model S/X LHD cars here in the UK but maybe is geo-fenced that it doesn't actually work anyway in the UK. Maybe actually our RHD cars would have it but only if you drive over to a LHD country in Europe.
Turns out you’re right - the information has now been removed from both my car and app by Tesla without further updating the software!
LHD S Plaid HW4 FSD

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: FastLaneJB and goRt
1000001016.png

Does it park slightly over to allow the driver more room to get out?
Well it is an American car - and its not going to be "slightly" is it? - like door fully open and Easy Exit needed.
I don’t think it does matter that they’ve trained it only on LHD but they’ve not tested it I guess in RHD countries so won’t release it regardless. My concern is seeing as they cannot release FSD in any RHD country at a guess their incentive to train it for just Autopark is probably low.
Since when did it bother Tesla if something hasn't been tested - or maybe it doesn't work? They still sell it and implies it does or will do "soon"