Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 46.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received it , kinda late but not need for climate in Miami

model-3-shark-nose-teslamondo.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: M423
This is the first software update that I have reservations about applying... They really should make the charge port lock / windows a configurable option, or at least make it so it only behaves that way when necessary, below a certain temperature (it may do this already?)

This is the first software update that I have reservations about applying... They really should make the charge port lock / windows a configurable option, or at least make it so it only behaves that way when necessary, below a certain temperature (it may do this already?)
Yeah the cold temperature enhancements should be an option. From my experience, there are times when it's not cold.

• Funny
Reactions: TT97 and Carl_P
This update has made possible a particular lane change for me that has failed on every attempt since I got the car last April and it has made auto lane changes in general quite a bit more useful. Impressive even.

It also fixed a condition where my car used to read a particular tar strip on my commute as a lane line and jerk the car around as it figured things out.

Another inch forward for autopilot.

Reactions: JBT66
This update has made possible a particular lane change for me that has failed on every attempt since I got the car last April and it has made auto lane changes in general quite a bit more useful. Impressive even.

It also fixed a condition where my car used to read a particular tar strip on my commute as a lane line and jerk the car around as it figured things out.

Love to hear that! I've only had my car for 500 miles but I'm way more comfortable in EAP on routes I've done multiple times. There are a couple spots where I have to take over (or I chicken out when it might handle it okay just a bit late) so I'll keep testing!

I agree with this. Nothing groundbreaking but it got rid of a lot of the jerky hesitation I see when lane lines become irregular in challenging city driving. I’m also seeing smoother Auto lane change too.

It also fixed a few bugs introduced in v9 for us MCU1 people: charge amperage before would be off by one (29/30A, 70/71A) and Dolby Surround would flip itself off overnight. Feels like a polished v9.

Reactions: mtndrew1
Been failing consistently for me, maybe I need a reboot. Bigger problem is that AP seems to have gotten a lot worse for me. Today I tried two lane changes and they both aborted midway even though there was no car and had a hard brake while going under a overpass. I really should have skipped this upgrade, hopefully the next one is around the corner.

Anyone else notice that 46.2 brings a slightly different climate button layout? I thought prior to this firmware there were more button on the far right that made me reach....now it looks like they have all (except rear fan) moved to the left or middle? Someone else please confirm.

Yes, the recirculated air has moved to the top middle by the fan speed and I appreciate this change.

Reactions: insaneoctane