Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 spoiler copy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent guide. Thanks. Wish I'd had it before I got mine, although I still would have gone with the 3D Carbon spoiler, painted to match my car. Not a carbon fiber fan. What's the big attraction with carbon fiber??? Is it a fad???
While I'm not specifically a fan of carbon fiber, I like the contrast look of the dark color against the white color of my car. And most of them just happen to be carbon fiber.

BTW, these spoilers come in all factory original colors:
Spoiler, Rear Deck, 17-19, Model 3

I almost bought one of those in black to go with my white car.

While I'm not specifically a fan of carbon fiber, I like the contrast look of the dark color against the white color of my car. And most of them just happen to be carbon fiber.

BTW, these spoilers come in all factory original colors:
Spoiler, Rear Deck, 17-19, Model 3

I almost bought one of those in black to go with my white car.
Carbon Fiber is over-rated. The benefit is perceived lighter weight. If you are racing it's understandable. Otherwise, how does the lighter weight help? Better mileage? I doubt it. You are adding weight by putting it on the car. CF is simply a fad for show.

Carbon Fiber is over-rated. The benefit is perceived lighter weight. If you are racing it's understandable. Otherwise, how does the lighter weight help? Better mileage? I doubt it. You are adding weight by putting it on the car. CF is simply a fad for show.

Are you talking about the spoiler or just carbon fiber in general? Its 50% the weight of steel and 5x stronger so its definitely not a gimmick

I'm talking about the CF in general.
There are CF dashes, consoles, door handles, wraps etc. You mean they're done for weight? Come on man, get real.

I think we're getting things confused... The majority of carbon fiber accessories that's available on a model 3 won't make a significant difference to save weight but carbon fiber in general is significantly lighter and stronger to make a difference if enough of a car is made from it (5x stronger/50% lighter)

I got my eBay spoiler in yesterday and it looks great and it fits properly! I do not have a sock one to compare it to but the quality seems very good.

After putting it on I’m actually not 100% sure I like the look better than without it so we will see how long it stays on.

19C1EA17-4330-4B4C-B325-C3C3CC9D939A.jpeg
3837736F-DDF7-4ACD-9BF0-314D54AD0F4D.jpeg