Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my spoiler is already lifting at one end:

spoiler-lift-2.jpg

and where it was fitted the paintwork (probably just the clear-coat) is scratched as if a contaminated rag was used to rub it down:

spoiler-scratch-3.jpg

Given that the recent UK shipments would have spoilers factory fitted at the same time, does anyone else have the same problem.

This certainly looks to be an issue raised in the general M3 forum but over there the spoilers were mosly retro-fitted so not quite the same thing.

Does anyone else think the spoiler is a bit naff? Im at Dublin SC later this week and may ask them to remover the spolier completely and polish the scratches out. Is anyone considering doing the same?

So my spoiler is already lifting at one end:

View attachment 443311

and where it was fitted the paintwork (probably just the clear-coat) is scratched as if a contaminated rag was used to rub it down:

View attachment 443313
Given that the recent UK shipments would have spoilers factory fitted at the same time, does anyone else have the same problem.

This certainly looks to be an issue raised in the general M3 forum but over there the spoilers were mosly retro-fitted so not quite the same thing.

Does anyone else think the spoiler is a bit naff? Im at Dublin SC later this week and may ask them to remover the spolier completely and polish the scratches out. Is anyone considering doing the same?

Sorry your having the lifting issue - sucks after the rollercoaster ride of ordering and delivery!

I think the spoiler looks good tbh, but as with anything, it’s all personal opinion.

I can see the spoiler divides opinion!

It appears that good fitment is very rare and given it is stuck on with 3m tape where the boot is closed, I'm doubtful it will ever remain in place.

Looking at the M3 pictures thread I think the MSM vehicle looks better without the spoiler (because it is almost the same colour). To my great surprise, Mrs Curmudgeon, who usually takes no interest in car stuff, has told me she really likes the spoiler and wants it to stay. So that's it, its coming off ;)

To my great surprise, Mrs Curmudgeon, who usually takes no interest in car stuff, has told me she really likes the spoiler and wants it to stay. So that's it, its coming off ;)
When you ordered the car, you did tell her what the spoiler was really for didn't you? Or did you try and sell it to her as some where to rest the shopping whilst she opened the boot :D That may explain why it is coming loose...

Reactions: curmudgeon
Spoilers used to not be installed during the build process. Now they are. Mine came from the factory with it installed. It’s not lifting.

And yes, I think the spoiler looks completely naff on the MSM. It’s just too wrong of a color for that combination.

I can see the spoiler divides opinion!

It appears that good fitment is very rare and given it is stuck on with 3m tape where the boot is closed, I'm doubtful it will ever remain in place.

Looking at the M3 pictures thread I think the MSM vehicle looks better without the spoiler (because it is almost the same colour). To my great surprise, Mrs Curmudgeon, who usually takes no interest in car stuff, has told me she really likes the spoiler and wants it to stay. So that's it, its coming off ;)
Looks good on some colours. I don't like it on MSM, but think it looks good on white and red.