Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ RHD July 2019 vs Oct 2019 build

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if anyone in the RHD market has noticed any differences between these two ..Reason for comparing these two months is because they are when the first two batches of vehicles that would have been built for customers in RHD markets like Japan, UK, Australia, and New Zealand and delivered by Aug, Sept 2019 and Nov, Dec respectively.

Fog lights definitely lost after July build.

Want aware gained extra reversing light. I ve just got the one on the left with my 3rd oct build
Not a Model 3 owner but Model S has had single reverse light since the first cars arrived in Australia.
Some time afterwards it was noted by an owner that the car graphic on the instrument cluster showed 2 reverse lights but their car only has one. This was fixed by a change to the software and to my knowledge there were no Model S with two reverse lights. I think something similar has happened with Model 3 and they probably all have a single reverse light with a rear fog light on the opposite side.
Perhaps an interested Model 3 owner could start a survey thread.

• Informative
Reactions: strykeroz
I have a July 10 build SR+

. Yes. Fogs
. Yes. Bag hooks
. Homelink eligible - will have it done some rime
. Some speakers and wiring exist but not activated (tweeters I think in the A pillar. Maybe some witing for the non existent amp. Not sure on this one.
. June 1 order, so have premium connectivity for life of car
. FSD was much cheaper. SR+ cost with FSD came in under $75k LCT In Qld.
. Pretty much all Q3 cars had their 12v battery replaced prior to delivery.

The October builds are 2020 model cars - L in the ViN

• Helpful
Reactions: strykeroz
I have a July 10 build SR+

. Yes. Fogs
. Yes. Bag hooks
. Homelink eligible - will have it done some rime
. Some speakers and wiring exist but not activated (tweeters I think in the A pillar. Maybe some witing for the non existent amp. Not sure on this one.
. June 1 order, so have premium connectivity for life of car
. FSD was much cheaper. SR+ cost with FSD came in under $75k LCT In Qld.
. Pretty much all Q3 cars had their 12v battery replaced prior to delivery.

The October builds are 2020 model cars - L in the ViN

My Oct 2019 build, dated 3rd Oct on invoice has a 2019 vin ..K instead of the L on 10th vin position. Think that first batch in first week of Oct got left over vins and from Oct 10th it was start of 2020 vins