Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it only me that has noticed that it now seems to takes a bit longer after plugging in before supercharging starts? Is that the authorization process? Yet some (very few) are like the old days and are still relatively quick to start, while most seem to lag -- but they are still fine ramping up once they get the go-ahead. Is that because some have the authorization update and others do not (perhaps missed or didn't take for some reason)? Is that also why some get charged on the 3 and some are missed? I got a free one once where it didn't show like it always does -- and couldn't figure out why. So I've come up with this probably wrong theory... but if true then we just need to map the free ones... ;)

The other day I fell asleep in the car waiting for it to be supercharged. When I woke up the car was done and I freaked out not knowing how long I stayed and would be charged idle fees. Looked at my phone and there was a notification 15 minutes ago that it had completed. I guess I should have been charged for 15 min. idle time but I wasn't. It was midnight and all the charging spots where open. Maybe they don't charge idle fees if there are spots open. Its a mystery how it works.

Supercharger Idle Fee

Idle fees begin when the stations are at least 50% full, and double when they are 100% full.

I don't see the history tab either. I have the 3PD+ and am supposed to get free supercharging, but under Vehicle Details it says Pay Per Use Supercharging.

So far, I haven't been charged anything.

Same for me. Do you have a saved credit card on file? Does the screen in the car show your history of supercharges? Mine says no history.

I supercharged for the first time last night and highest rate I was getting was 50kw, quickly dropping to 36kw (battery was at 53% SOC). Thought maybe I’m being throttled for not have CC on file (even though i’m Supposed to be free supercharging). So I just added a credit card to my account, and still don’t have a history tab. Will try and supercharge again and see if i get a faster rate.