Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe they are testing their systems with an “on/off” electronic switch of some sort for individual vehicles? Ie: in the future implement something like free supercharging for the month you took delivery gift or something

Or as a birthday present! Would be so cool if your car congratulates you with your birthday and invites you for a "free" roadtrip :)

Or as a birthday present! Would be so cool if your car congratulates you with your birthday and invites you for a "free" roadtrip :)

Still crossing my fingers that they'll be able to manage each reservation so that they can say, 'hey, we know who you are day 1 reservation holders!'

Flips switch and boom... They all have a small credit towards supercharging each year like the S and X! Wishful thinking I know.. But I was secretly hoping for this as we've been waiting to get into a Tesla this long before all of those changes! (Supercharging axe and cellular axe)

I am not yet an owner, so I do not know.

Maverick just installed a charging station near my home.
I assume I will be able to charge at the station with the proper adaptor?
I also assume the station will not appear on the Tesla screen? (only Tesla superchargers)

You can review your past charges by logging into your Tesla account and clicking on the History link at the top right of the page.

At the top of what page? When I log into tesla.com (in my browser) there is no "history" link to click. I've tried visiting the various account and car-related pages... I can't find any "history" link.

I have used a supercharger twice with my Model 3 and have yet to seen evidence that I am being charged (money).

The first time I supercharged it showed the fee as ‘waived’ for some reason. After that, I’ve been charged to use the same one.

I initially realized I wasn’t seeing any charges on my card because it wasn’t linked to my account so that could also be why you’re not seeing anything. It will appear as an outstanding charge on your account.

At the top of what page? When I log into tesla.com (in my browser) there is no "history" link to click.
So, after I logged into the tesla.com site, this is the first (main) page:

tesla_main_page.jpg

Click on the History link...

tesla_history.jpg

So far these are the only Supercharger sessions I've had. If you don't have any history, then I assume that your charging was free.

I've got a long list, but I haven't been charged in a couple of months. Nearly all of them are from one particular Supercharger. I don't think they're charging people because it's swamped. It was even listed as offline when you use the map in the car for a while. I suspect it's sort of like the San Diego situation, where they're just not going to charge anyone at that location until they fix things on their end and build up way more stations. It's not exactly the same, because part of the problem is their own employees use the spots for parking or storing cars. I've had to pull up perpendicular to a non-charging car just so the short cable can reach.

However, I just charged at another location that I'm quite sure normally charges. I only used about $4 worth, but I haven't seen it hit my credit card yet. Previous charges hit my credit card pretty much immediately. They all show on my History though.

The other day I fell asleep in the car waiting for it to be supercharged. When I woke up the car was done and I freaked out not knowing how long I stayed and would be charged idle fees. Looked at my phone and there was a notification 15 minutes ago that it had completed. I guess I should have been charged for 15 min. idle time but I wasn't. It was midnight and all the charging spots where open. Maybe they don't charge idle fees if there are spots open. Its a mystery how it works.