Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Test Drive Availability?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow Tesla owners/fans!

Merry Christmas to everyone! Especially the lucky people who have just picked up or are about to pick up their Model 3. Apologies if this question has been answered already but I was wondering if anybody knows when Model 3's will be available to the public for test drives, particularly in the Tesla Factory in Fremont or any other Tesla store in the Bay Area. I have ordered 2 model 3's, one for my parents and one for myself. My parents would like to test drive the Model 3 first before I place the order for them. They live in the Bay Area just a few miles from the Tesla Factory and they want a standard range Model 3 with EAP and eventual FSD upgrades. I already received the invite to config for the First Production Model 3 (owner plus waited in line on 3/31/16 to preorder) so I think I may be able to also config for the standard range Model 3 for my parents relatively early. Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Hello fellow Tesla owners/fans!

Merry Christmas to everyone! Especially the lucky people who have just picked up or are about to pick up their Model 3. Apologies if this question has been answered already but I was wondering if anybody knows when Model 3's will be available to the public for test drives, particularly in the Tesla Factory in Fremont or any other Tesla store in the Bay Area. I have ordered 2 model 3's, one for my parents and one for myself. My parents would like to test drive the Model 3 first before I place the order for them. They live in the Bay Area just a few miles from the Tesla Factory and they want a standard range Model 3 with EAP and eventual FSD upgrades. I already received the invite to config for the First Production Model 3 (owner plus waited in line on 3/31/16 to preorder) so I think I may be able to also config for the standard range Model 3 for my parents relatively early. Thanks in advance for any help with this!

No public test drives yet.

We're picking ours up on Friday and plan on getting together with Tesla Owners Club of Orange County members to do a ride/drive with our members (on our personal,vehicle).

Hi Dennis,
I saw that you have an informal meetup set up for OC Tesla this Friday but I won't be around town this week to check it out. I am definitely going to try to make it to the next meetup so I can see (and hopefully experience) some new Model 3's.

More and more members are getting their invites and cars... so, I'm sure more will drive it to events. I try to get the wife to take her Roadster out for club events more, but definitely going to be 3 for the next few meetups. She prefers not to take 2 cars to club events.

I really hope tesla gets a few out there for test drives. After our Christmas pickup I can say it would be hard to test drive the Model 3 and not buy. For the base price what you get is stunning. Even for Long range and upgrades package it feels like grear value compared to S.

Fit and finish is much better on our 3 than our 2017 S. Trim is all lignrd up body panels mate correctly. It just looks so well polished. Delivery experience was also fantastic!

I really hope tesla gets a few out there for test drives. After our Christmas pickup I can say it would be hard to test drive the Model 3 and not buy. For the base price what you get is stunning. Even for Long range and upgrades package it feels like grear value compared to S.

Fit and finish is much better on our 3 than our 2017 S. Trim is all lignrd up body panels mate correctly. It just looks so well polished. Delivery experience was also fantastic!

Personally I’d like to see them hold off on test drive/display units until they’re at a sustained production rate of at least 2K per week.

Reactions: cwerdna
Rocklin Service Center mentioned there is a rough estimate of “early 2018” for test drives (I assume this means anytime before summer in Elon-time ;)). I was added to a list of reservation holders that they will call when test drives start.

Thanks for the info! My parents really want to test drive the Model 3 first where I would have ordered sight unseen if they had the AWD and Performance lineup out already. They don’t want me to order one for them until they have test drived it and feel comfortable driving it. They are coming from a Camry and Subaru Forester so it will be quite a change. I have driven them around in my model S a few times but they have not felt comfortable enough to drive the car. Hopefully it will be available for test drives soon.

I am with you for buying my personal Model 3. Just waiting for the AWD and/or performance versions. I love my Tesla and trust Tesla enough to buy it without a test drive.