Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 to get Hankook Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would vote for 245x45x18 for two reasons. This size is almost identical to the wider, lower profile 20" rim tires (as reported by Motor Trend)), in overall diameter. Also, there is a larger selection of this size vs the 235X45X18 tire. source: Tire Rack

I would vote for 245x45x18 for two reasons. This size is almost identical to the wider, lower profile 20" rim tires (as reported by Motor Trend)), in overall diameter. Also, there is a larger selection of this size vs the 235X45X18 tire. source: Tire Rack
Well, we can hope for whatever we want, but I sincerely doubt the standard tire would be wider than the front tire of the large wheel/tire option. For the S and X, the standard tire widths match the optional front tire width, which should be the 235s we've seen.

In addition 245 is starting to be a pretty wide standard tire for a car this size, especially one that is trying to be efficient. The standard S tires are 245s and that car is a lot heavier than the Model 3.

As long as they have an OEM tire available, I don't think the aftermarket selection will affect their choice. Tire sizes evolve over time and if they're putting out 300k of these cars a year, or more, the tire manufacturers will respond to meet the demand for that tire size.

Funny...I've never even heard of Hankook.

Back in my day and world, the good brands were Pirelli, Michelin, Good Year, BFGoodrich, and Yokohama. The marginal brands were Firestone, Continental, Dunlop, and Bridgestone. The other brands were generally not well known. I honestly don't think I've ever heard of Hankook before. Strange.

Back in my day and world, the good brands were Pirelli, Michelin, Good Year, BFGoodrich, and Yokohama. The marginal brands were Firestone, Continental, Dunlop, and Bridgestone. The other brands were generally not well known. I honestly don't think I've ever heard of Hankook before. Strange.

Hankook is a large and reputable Korean brand that is now original installation on many brands, including Ford, Kia and Hyundai.

I honestly don't think I've ever heard of Hankook before. Strange.

FYI
tumblr_inline_nl77soUna71tpmq23.jpg
Rainbow_Samsung_Logo.PNG
upload_2016-5-15_13-8-2.jpeg

Hello all,
As some of you may recall, in order to camp out in the frosty parking lot of Tesla Montreal back in March for the Model 3 reservation event I had put together a tent with custom evolution graphics. Quite a number of you asked if I could produce a T-shirt with those same graphics. It's taken a while, but it's finally here!
At the same time I thought this could also serve the larger cause of raising funds for some great non-profit EV advocacy groups. Therefore $6 from every item sold will be donated to Plug In America, EMC and AVEQ.
Items will be available to order through Teespring until May 29th, and if we can hit at least 50 pcs per model they will be shipping thereafter.
Here's the direct link to the Model 3 version.
You can view the whole family here.
Hope they meet with everyone's approval!