Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Track Day: Laguna Seca

Will the Model 3 battery limit power on the track?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Manufacturer can't
force customer to buy something else because they don't have compatible part
in stock.
A friend of mine has a Merc SLC with a glass roof. They had a problem with the roof and apparently Merc didn't make replacements anymore because of the ongoing issues with them (according to the dealer), so the "solution" was to replace it with a metal roof or trade in for a newer model.

If interested, I am selling the TSportline 19" wheels/tires used for this Laguna Seca event here on Craigslist.
IMG_20181007_123512.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
All, I am new to the forum. I am in the Bay Area and looking for the next opportunity to bring my car to the Track considering the new release of Track Mode. Anyone know of an event anyone is organizing for Tesla here in the Bay Area (Laguna Seca, Sonoma, etc.)? I did Buttonwillow last month.

All, I am new to the forum. I am in the Bay Area and looking for the next opportunity to bring my car to the Track considering the new release of Track Mode. Anyone know of an event anyone is organizing for Tesla here in the Bay Area (Laguna Seca, Sonoma, etc.)? I did Buttonwillow last month.

I wouldn't wait for a "Tesla" event. I suggest joining the Golden Gate Lotus Club for $25 and going out with them. They welcome other makes. Track day prices are very reasonable, and you get tons of time. I am doing a track day with them in my '72 BMW this coming Tuesday.

I had planned to track my Porsche Cayman GT4 tomorrow (Sun. Mar. 4th, 2018), but the Porsche dealer is still working on it. So...tomorrow I will be taking my 2017 Tesla Model 3 to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for *hopefully* a full day of testing and pushing the car around the track. Honestly, I am expecting the battery will limit the power after two laps, but why not try it...? ;)

Model 3 setup:
- 2017 Tesla Model 3 (rear wheel drive, long range 310 mile, premium upgrades)
- 19" TSportline cast wheels w/ Pirelli PZero Nero GT tires
- Lowered 1.5" w/ 'moderate' springs from Unplugged Performance
- Weather forecast: Mostly sunny skies. High around 55F (12.8°C). Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
- Charging: Monterey Supercharger in between sessions (not sure how many times yet)

Questions:
1) How many laps does it take to hit power limit, if any?
2) What is the average power consumption per lap?
3) What is the best lap time? (1:41.9 is my best time with my GT4 at Laguna)
4) How does the car handle entering / exiting turns?
5) How do the tires hold up?
6) What is the ideal tire pressure?

Let me know if you have anything you would like to see me try or test with the car on the track.

How many miles had you done on those brakes before you went on the track?
Had you used those brakes on a track before then as well?