Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Unlimited Range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tanner

Nov 17, 2013
SoCal
I got my Model 3 a little over a week ago and when it would first charge to 80%, it reported a range of 248 miles... A few days later, it started consistently showing 249 miles at 80%, and today it's showing 250 miles at that same level. THE ONLY explanation is that the car will simply increase in range week over week and I'll have an unlimited-mile-range M3 in no time :D

Okay... Obviously I'm joking and I know it's just calibrating based on charge and discharge cycles, so in all honesty, Tesla has managed an incredible feat with the Model 3 and its range. With some simple cross multiplication (since I haven't charged to 100% and probably won't for a while), I have concluded that the car will have roughly 312 miles at 100% charge - this is outstanding (and above the rated max range)! Good job, Tesla!

You can't start telling a story then not finish it!o_O;)

It sounds similar to a story my grandpa told me: His neighbor was bragging about his new high-MPG VW, so my grandpa snuck over and kept adding a little fuel for a couple months. The neighbor was a little OCD and kept track of the MPG he got out of each "tank full" of gas. After my grandpa stopped adding fuel the neighbor noticed a significant drop in MPG and went to the dealer with all of his documentation asking for them to fix his car. After a lot of back-and-forth with the dealer my grandpa finally fessed up. (My understanding is that they pranked each other back and forth all the time.)

It sounds similar to a story my grandpa told me: His neighbor was bragging about his new high-MPG VW, so my grandpa snuck over and kept adding a little fuel for a couple months. The neighbor was a little OCD and kept track of the MPG he got out of each "tank full" of gas. After my grandpa stopped adding fuel the neighbor noticed a significant drop in MPG and went to the dealer with all of his documentation asking for them to fix his car. After a lot of back-and-forth with the dealer my grandpa finally fessed up. (My understanding is that they pranked each other back and forth all the time.)
That's the story! Apparently it was a very common and popular prank in the early days of the gasoline engine.

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike