Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 unlimited Supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the Tesla website you can check the details for your car and it should show "unlimited SuperCharging". However, mine did say that until earlier this week, then all of a sudden read "Pay per Use SuperCharging". I sent a message off to support and they changed it back later that same day and replied that this was an oversight, confirming that I still had free lifetime SuperCharging.

• Helpful
Reactions: Leafdriver333
At the Tesla website you can check the details for your car and it should show "unlimited SuperCharging". However, mine did say that until earlier this week, then all of a sudden read "Pay per Use SuperCharging". I sent a message off to support and they changed it back later that same day and replied that this was an oversight, confirming that I still had free lifetime SuperCharging.

Ugh! My status has changed to pay per use now too, just sent email to support.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
Mine switched too. I think they forgot about the lifetime free Supercharging claim... and the customer support has been very disappointing for me.

Mine switched as well -- but it should have, because I accepted the $5K refund. (In fact, it should have several months ago; they just finally got around to it. I wonder if they painted with too wide a brush.)

I personally love my free supercharging, given that I use the supercharger probably for half of my charges, I plan on keeping the car for quite some time. That together with the drive unit rated for over a million miles and the price for supercharging increasing, it should be a good investment.

Reactions: UnicornDriver

Mine is also saying pay per use- grrr. Took me 3 months to get it fixed when I bought my car. I hope I don't have to go through that again.

So all model 3's that do have unlimited are non-transferable?

Correct. Only S/X delivered by 4/15/2017 have transferable included supercharging.

In my case versus $0.31/kW PPU SCing, included supercharging (nothing is free about owning a Tesla) saves me over $4,000 annually in net spendable (after tax) dollars.

My car came with 294 miles of rated range. During an average week of urban driving gets at best 170 miles of actual range per full charge equivalent. Sometimes it’s a 50% hit. It still gets all of 274 miles point to point on the highway at lower speeds over flat terrain in good wx.

Am amused at those who support those who gave up included supercharging for a one-time $5K refund unless they don’t travel far, leased the car with low annual mileage caps, have a great TOU home charging plan and/or have no SCs around.

• Love
Reactions: Pkmmte
In my case, I will maybe do about 2000 miles of long distance trips per year at most.
That comes out to about $100 in supercharging every year.
If I take the ICE for road trips, the gas cost would be about $270 per year.

A Tesla rep. told me Tesla currently has no mechanism to remove Free Unlimited Supercharging when a car is sold, he also said there are no guarantees.

I'm highly conflicted about taking the $5k vs. keeping FUSC. There's a SC on my way to work, it's never busy, however, I get 30 miles/hour at 10 cents per Kwh. So that's good value. It would take me more than 9 years to apply that $5k to my charging at my home charge rates, and the convenience of overnight charging is big. I'm leaning more toward taking the cash, as I'm not sure I'll have the car for 9 years. For those of you who drive more, I can see why the FUSC may prevail.

Reactions: Wooloomooloo