Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 updates including LR and white paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla sales have advised me that $2100 for Pearl White will be rebated on final invoice, but white interior is not available off menu.
My understanding is that model 3 is not made to order. They make a stack of them all the same, and then match that to what people have ordered. Tesla also create ‘demand triggers’ using price, inclusions, exclusions, and referral program. All these constant changes are strange but not accidental.

Configurator now shows 620 km NEDC, which is 35% more than the SR+ at 460 km nedc.
Teslike range indicator shows 480 km for LR AWD which is 26.2 % more than the SR+(at 380 km range)
Is there an error in the configurator showing 620 NEDC ? Or is there an error in the Teslike range indicator.
ps. with the Teslike Range table I went off the data at 113 km/ h

Tesla sales have advised me that $2100 for Pearl White will be rebated on final invoice, but white interior is not available off menu.
Unfortunately I was advised yesterday by a sales supervisor at Tesla Australia/New Zealand that there will be no paint discount applied for existing pearl white performance "lite" orders. The rationale is that because performance "lite" is no longer a configuration that is available to order, the discount can't be applied manually. I have pushed back because I don't feel that is a reasonable position.

Ok. So, 2 different answers regarding the pearl white. So, I will expect I have to pay for the upgrade to Performance, but hope for the rebate.

I won’t die in the ditch over the issue, but the treatment for pearl white doesn’t feel quite right.

Tesla price lottery continues.

I would be OK to downgrade to LR AWD if we got the discount like UK, but no biscuit for Australia (and NZ?) it seems.

Cancel and get the full fat Performance if Tesla doesn’t make the pearl white a no cost option for you?
Once the car is here and I receive the final invoice, will I be able to say "no thanks" if Pearl White not rebated. I'll definitely try based on my Sales guy's advice, but I doubt I can be tough enough if they finally refuse. I want the car too much!
I'll also be asking them to hold my original $7100 FSD cost whilst I cancel and re-order it after LCT, but Elon has promised another U$1000 increase on this for August 16th.

It’s almost (almost) hilarious how often Tesla changes their price and configurations.
It’s really annoying Fred over at Electrek and generates a lot of negative commentary on Tesla’s own forums.

Tesla is clearly not your ordinary car manufacturer so one can argue the normal rules don’t and shouldn’t apply, but we are dealing with people’s psychology.

The cold, rational argument is that whenever someone orders, they have made their final decision based on all available information at the time and knowing there is a risk something could change tomorrow. Hence if they were happy to buy on day “X”, and things change on day “X+1” then it’s irrelevant. They should be happy because they voluntarily made a purchase decision on day “X” which presumably they were completely satisfied doing. And if they weren’t completely satisfied at the time, then why did they proceed?

But the human brain is a funny thing and people don’t behave or react that way.

Yes I agree - I ordered based on the price at the time, so have no right to expect a discount for PearlWhite. I don't suppose those who ordered Black are concerned:).
I do have the right to amend to P3D+ to get white interior and PearlWhite included, but I don't want the 20" wheels or lowered suspension or red calipers or aerofoil.
I would prefer a menu of items from which I can choose, rather than packages which are not perfect.

Yes I agree - I ordered based on the price at the time, so have no right to expect a discount for PearlWhite. I don't suppose those who ordered Black are concerned:).
I do have the right to amend to P3D+ to get white interior and PearlWhite included, but I don't want the 20" wheels or lowered suspension or red calipers or aerofoil.
I would prefer a menu of items from which I can choose, rather than packages which are not perfect.

Already having a P85D with 21 inch wheels, I’d rather have 18s; or 19s if that was an option. I am pleased I changed from SR+ to P- earlier this month and from red to white. Red looked all scratched on the one Model 3 I saw in Milan.

Something tells me there are still a few more surprises in terms of changes ahead before the cars are delivered in next month or so.

Already having a P85D with 21 inch wheels, I’d rather have 18s; or 19s if that was an option. I am pleased I changed from SR+ to P- earlier this month and from red to white. Red looked all scratched on the one Model 3 I saw in Milan.

Something tells me there are still a few more surprises in terms of changes ahead before the cars are delivered in next month or so.
Any dark colour will look all scratched if you dont clean it properly. It can be mitigated further with a decent paint protection coating such as a ceramic or wrap.

Reactions: Hyena
Cancel and get the full fat Performance if Tesla doesn’t make the pearl white a no cost option for you?
I think you’ll find the price for the white has been removed from your contract, I received an email stating there were changes to that effect. I called the 1800 number and they confirmed that. In my case, because I’d updated my order with white interior, the price had already been adjusted. They are saying for the white interior orders, mid September deliveries... let’s see. There will be late a late August first wave delivery, then a steady supply after that. Exciting times.

Any dark colour will look all scratched if you dont clean it properly. It can be mitigated further with a decent paint protection coating such as a ceramic or wrap.
I've ordered red SR+ and the first thing I do will be to get a paint correction and ceramic coating applied. Quotes start at $900 and that will mean 3-5 years of easier cleaning & maintenance and some protection against scratches.

Reactions: paulp