Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 User Interface simulator/concept

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

McHoffa

CyberOwners
Sep 29, 2015
Canton, NC
I created a working simulator based on the static UI mockup I did a while back.

Model 3 Dashboard Interface UI Simulator

I would love to have lots of feedback as far as usability and functionality, as well as anything important I am missing. I don't currently have a Tesla, and haven't walked through the current Model S/X interfaces completely. I have done zero browser testing so far, so I can only promise it works in Chrome.

Right now I have not filled in the interfaces for the any of the functions such as music, phone, etc. Those are coming soon (probably a week or two due to real projects I need to work on), which is why I labeled it as v0.1 at the moment.

When I get it done, I'd like to see it pulled up on an iPad Pro or similar sized tablet sitting in a real car to see how it looks :cool:

Heaven must be missing some angles. This is exactly what I was waiting for you gorgeous guys to fix for us. @bayol did the configurator and you starting the simulator.
Please don't make it totally perfect, otherwise I could become a lonesom old woman, just playing the illusion :eek:;)

Heaven must be missing some angles. This is exactly what I was waiting for you gorgeous guys to fix for us. @bayol did the configurator and you starting the simulator.
Please don't make it totally perfect, otherwise I could become a lonesom old woman, just playing the illusion :eek:;)
I was actually going to build a configurator but @bayol got to it first, so I decided this would be the next best thing I could do for everyone :)

Now were talking! This is getting to be even more fun. For quick read, use different colors for speed (white) and turn indication (yellow); fatter type face for speed; Replace percent (%) battery info with remaining miles left; Place % at bottom of screen. What is the blue steering wheel about? Great job, thanks.

Now were talking! This is getting to be even more fun. For quick read, use different colors for speed (white) and turn indication (yellow); fatter type face for speed; Replace percent (%) battery info with remaining miles left; Place % at bottom of screen. What is the blue steering wheel about? Great job, thanks.
Blue steering wheel is the autopilot indicator on the Model S and X.

I think I will put that under the car panel, as well as settings. I based this off what I could see in the beta interface they were using in the car, with a couple changes, and I couldn't find a close up picture of everything they had on screen.

More ideas:

• Gear indicator
  • Light indicator (high-beams, etc)
  • Place to show parking brake status, warning lights etc (car panel?)

Nice work - it still hasn't convinced me that having only one screen is the way to go but that's not your fault :p