TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 - Volume Change When Turning Wheel

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Haldorsonb, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Haldorsonb

Haldorsonb New Member

Sorry if this has already been answered (I couldn't find any thread) or is in not in the right place, but since V10 my volume for my music gets quieter when I turn right or gets louder when i turn left.
    It doesn't happen every time, but at least like 40-50% of my turns. This happens when I listen to Spotify/Apple music over my phone on Bluetooth. (Haven't tried just the radio or TuneIn)
    Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows how to resolve it. I already tried restarting the MCU and screen, and it's still happening

2. sduck

sduck Mr. Duck

Sounds like the way you're holding the wheel might be rubbing/rolling the volume wheel while you turn the steering wheel. If you're absolutely sure that there's nothing in your hand position that's possibly rolling the volume wheel, set up service with tesla to rectify this.

• Like x 3
  3. Kevy Baby

Kevy Baby Dis-Member

I do this ALL the time.

• Like x 1
  4. Gordeee

Gordeee Member

Me too ... but I know i'm doing it. I think they would know too.

5. Kevy Baby

Kevy Baby Dis-Member

I've always thought the thumb wheel controls were backwards - vehicle control should be on the left and music on the right.

6. solden

solden Member

Yes, this happens to me, but only volume up with hard right turns...10% of the time. It's not a sleeve thing, I've confirmed by watching it happen with no contact.

7. Quorky

Quorky Member

Def the 'right' way for me. My audi had it like you describe and it was awful. Now I can drive with left and hold my wife's hand with right while I switch songs or adjust volume. The other way was insanely uncomfortable.

8. Quorky

Quorky Member

Every time I turn I scroll the volume.

9. ZappCatt

ZappCatt Member

I wish that I had the option to disable the left thumb scrollwheel when turning the wheel, as I let the wheel slide through my hand, I constantly am changing the volume.

10. CanadianMetal

CanadianMetal Member

Sometimes at night, it is better to keep both hand on the wheel, and if she wants something to hold, offer the third leg....

11. Quorky

Quorky Member

Hahahaha