Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Vs Corvette

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree to disagree, I still love the sound of an American V8.

"Still" is the operative word.

Trust me, over time this type of superfluous noise will be going out of favor. Electric is getting better, more mainstream and faster, enjoy the noise as long as it makes sense to you. It will become somewhat embarrassing bringing attention to oneself driving a noisy "old school" vehical that is not that fast.

Reactions: focher
"Still" is the operative word.

Trust me, over time this type of superfluous noise will be going out of favor. Electric is getting better, more mainstream and faster, enjoy the noise as long as it makes sense to you. It will become somewhat embarrassing bringing attention to oneself driving a noisy "old school" vehical that is not that fast.
It's not, and it'll be a while before it does so.

Meanwhile I'll keep enjoying both my silent Tesla and somewhat loud Chevy SS.

Reactions: Phlier
Agree to disagree, I still love the sound of an American V8.
This is fading for me. The longer I have silence and no smell of exhaust (that I used to enjoy) the less I miss it. I only liked the exhaust note from a few vehicles anyway. My LS1 TransAm with open headers or just a wide open cat-back was nice, most mustangs sound great. I can't comment on the new vettes as I lack experience with them. A handful of exotics are also in that list.

Reactions: wenkan
This is fading for me. The longer I have silence and no smell of exhaust (that I used to enjoy) the less I miss it. I only liked the exhaust note from a few vehicles anyway. My LS1 TransAm with open headers or just a wide open cat-back was nice, most mustangs sound great. I can't comment on the new vettes as I lack experience with them. A handful of exotics are also in that list.
I don't care for the new Mustangs, they sound blatty. The old foxes and the 2V/4V one's in the late 90's/early 2000's sounded great.

Most LS engines sound great, especially cammed. I had a 2009 G8 GXP with a nice healthy cam and twin turbos and man that thing sounded great.

The 6.4 Liter Hemi in my 2008 Dodge Charger SRT-8 Super Bee sang a wonderful song.

I wish I would've made a recording of it.

In fact, I think I'll just download MP3's of the best sounding exhaust notes out there, then just play them back through the entertainment system at max volume while accelerating in my P3D-. I can listen to the exhaust note of any exotic I want, while accelerating at a rate that is pretty comparable to them. Best of both worlds. :)

Reactions: TyH2009
I don't care for the new Mustangs, they sound blatty. The old foxes and the 2V/4V one's in the late 90's/early 2000's sounded great.

Most LS engines sound great, especially cammed. I had a 2009 G8 GXP with a nice healthy cam and twin turbos and man that thing sounded great.
I bet it did.

In my head I hear "Mustang" and think Foxbody or the gen after that. My LS1 was cammed, I do miss that rumble at times.

Reactions: TyH2009
After a few years driving an electric, "a nice exhaust note" becomes an oxymoron. When higher performance is silent, why would anyone want to hear obnoxious rattle trap noise?
Agree! You don’t hear people utter the phrase “I really miss the scent of a sturdy horse.” It will just take time. The next generation will find our willingness to burn stinky things to be anachronistic.