Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 vs Model S differences as of June 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Road trips is the main purpose of the superchargers. I meant to say that it's not good to regularly use the superchargers for your charging needs. I am pretty sure that there are those who only charge at the superchargers.

During my road trip I went to a supercharger and it was completely full. I waited for like 20 minutes and no one moved, so I eventually just drove to another location. This weekend I went to the Fremont factory to charge the loaner and saw a lot of S and X coming and waiting in line for a supercharger.
There are also those that can't charge at home.

Me, for example. I can't charge at my apartment and was quoted $5k+ just to install a NEMA 14-50 outlet since they'd have to run wiring underground and dig up a large area. No workplace charging either (yet) so I have to rely on nearby superchargers instead.

Me, for example. I can't charge at my apartment and was quoted $5k+ just to install a NEMA 14-50 outlet since they'd have to run wiring underground and dig up a large area. No workplace charging either (yet) so I have to rely on nearby superchargers instead.

Off the topic, but your sig is very catchy. My very first thought was you had 2012 Model S and 2017 Model 3 until I saw it closer. *chuckles*

• Funny
Reactions: Pkmmte

Your situation is also a main reason for the superchargers. I am hoping that people who can charge at home do and not take up a space for people who need it like people in your situation. Cause it's not fun waiting there.

Reactions: Pkmmte
Off the topic, but your sig is very catchy. My very first thought was you had 2012 Model S and 2017 Model 3 until I saw it closer. *chuckles*
Haha, thanks! First time I've heard of anyone noticing!

Your situation is also a main reason for the superchargers. I am hoping that people who can charge at home do and not take up a space for people who need it like people in your situation. Cause it's not fun waiting there.
Speaking of which, I just got back from a supercharger with 4 Model S's waiting in line. It's funny seeing a line while some people eat while charging, others fold their laundry, and some others wash their cars while waiting.

Reactions: Maximilien