Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to Corte Madera showroom and changed my delivery to Fremont. The SA confirmed it should result is quicker delivery than SF, and probably less pandemonium.

No update on ETAs, but he also confirmed they are, or will soon, be cranking out a massive batch of LR/AW trims. I ordered 10/18, and he estimated late Nov/early Dec. I'm hoping for Thanksgiving, but I also am hoping to win the lottery.

But at least he's telling me there's a chance. YEAH!!! :D

Ordered my Model 3 LR / DM / White ex. / Black interior /18" aero on 10/22.
No VIN assigned and delivery time frame still showed 6-10wks on my account.
My sales guy said I should be getting the VIN early December.

Ordered mine on 10/22. SR+ white exterior and black interior, 18 areo wheels and autopilot. Delivery in Buena park. Delivery mgr informed me maybe late Nov, early December. Also some demo/inventory/ showroom cars may become active in the next several weeks. No vin and invited to new owner orientation yesterday.
That orientation was a waste of time. You can get more & better information on youtube. I went yesterday & a waste of my mine.

I thought they gave you a delivery estimate? I might change mine to Buena Park if they're going to get it sooner. I'm just waiting for something concrete.
One of the rep at the computer station said it’s best to keep what you got in the system as it is cause you’re in the que line. Any changes can set you back. I was considering changing the configuration a little to see if I can get it sooner but was advised not to.

You guys are lucky you're not waiting for a car coming from Germany. There are threads on Rennlist of folks tracking the car carrier ships from Germany, though the Panama Canal, sitting outside the port for a couple of days, through PPI, and then transport to the dealer.

You guys are lucky you're not waiting for a car coming from Germany. There are threads on Rennlist of folks tracking the car carrier ships from Germany, though the Panama Canal, sitting outside the port for a couple of days, through PPI, and then transport to the dealer.
Oh, I remember those days sitting at my desk and watching the dot cross the Atlantic, through the Panama Canal, and post at Port Hueneme for what felt like eternity.

Got the same text today at noon from #510- , my profile looks complete except for the payment information, I selected 'Tesla Arranged Loan' and did not submit credit application yet. Somewhere I read that wait until you get a delivery date to shop around for the loan. Not sure if there will be enough time to get

To people who are looking at financing, How are you all planning to pull it off? Tesla loan or other credit union. Im thinking Tesla loan might be less hassel compared to other CU wrt paper work, does the whole paper work/loan approval happens before or on the day of delivery? Highly debating if <1% APR is worth taking some risk with all the uncertainity.

Order: LR AWD, Aero, Black/Black, FSD, did not have options to pick fremont delivery center, just have my home address (10miles from the factory)

This will be the first car loan I’ve taken so my approach may not be sound. I plan to work with my bank or a local credit union. Assuming the loan approval lasts 60 days, I plan to get a loan approval around mid or end of November. That’s enough time for a 2019 delivery. If my delivery is in 2020 and I have to get another loan approval, then I may just say “forget it” and lose out on the $100 deposit. I’ll then wait to see if Tesla reduces prices to offset a potential slowdown in sales from the Federal rebate expiration. If they don’t I’ll get back in line sometime in the future.

Went to Corte Madera showroom and changed my delivery to Fremont. The SA confirmed it should result is quicker delivery than SF, and probably less pandemonium.

No update on ETAs, but he also confirmed they are, or will soon, be cranking out a massive batch of LR/AW trims. I ordered 10/18, and he estimated late Nov/early Dec. I'm hoping for Thanksgiving, but I also am hoping to win the lottery.

I think our problem is that we listen to the SA/DA's at Tesla too much. They likely know nothing, and make up stuff as they go along. If I were an executive at Tesla - to avoid leaks to media I would tell these people the minimum they need to do their jobs.

I think our problem is that we listen to the SA/DA's at Tesla too much. They likely know nothing, and make up stuff as they go along. If I were an executive at Tesla - to avoid leaks to media I would tell these people the minimum they need to do their jobs.

Agreed, but we have not other choice, really. When I hear an SA say "they were informed", I tend to believe them. Maybe I'm gullible, but I don't think they would outright lie about it.

I bet theyre doing this: make a batch of LR, ship them east coast to west coast (November), make a batch of SR ship them east coast to west coast (Mid Nov to Mid Dec), make a batch of Performance, ship them east coast to west coast (December).

Reactions: dandrewk
I bet theyre doing this: make a batch of LR, ship them east coast to west coast (November), make a batch of SR ship them east coast to west coast (Mid Nov to Mid Dec), make a batch of Performance, ship them east coast to west coast (December).

Pretty much what I figured as well.

A few folks with LR/AWD in Texas have recently been assigned VINs. That puts them squarely in the central time zone. So the theory is holding a small bit of water. So far.

I wish i could erase my memory of ever ordering a Tesla, so i don't have to think about it every damn day. I've already mentally prepared myself for a late december delivery, but i can't stop thinking about it and my weeks are definitely going by a bit slower. According to my coworkers and COO who stated in our monthly meeting yetserday: "November and December are going to fly by before we know it..."

...yeah...! unless you're waiting for a model 3! LOL

I ordered a SR+
White/White
19" rims
EAP

on Oct 25th, 2019

Reactions: RLM3

This morning ten 2020 Model 3’s popped up on Tez.la. All are eastern time zone, and all are LR/AWD.

Also several new entries on spreadsheet from TX, TN, IL. Again LR/AWD.

I wish i could erase my memory of ever ordering a Tesla, so i don't have to think about it every damn day. I've already mentally prepared myself for a late december delivery, but i can't stop thinking about it and my weeks are definitely going by a bit slower. According to my coworkers and COO who stated in our monthly meeting yetserday: "November and December are going to fly by before we know it..."

...yeah...! unless you're waiting for a model 3! LOL

I ordered a SR+
White/White
19" rims
EAP

on Oct 25th, 2019
Yes, I feel the same way. The waiting is tough. Not only is the waiting tough, but you have to center your whole life around a delivery which may or may not occur when you have other commitments. I could go out and buy another car today - just not a Tesla. Having driven one a couple of times - the choice is clear. I’ll just have to wait.