Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3P fan squeaking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I recently got a squeaking noice from the area under the frunk. It appears upon preheating when the loudest fan (radiator fan?) is running, and disappears when the fan speeds down and turns off. Sounds like a small bird.

Has anyone experienced the same noice and know what it comes from?

Thanks in advance!

I have the same issue on my 2021 Model Y and have set up a service appointment in a couple of weeks. My car is just under 1 year old with about 10K miles on it. Service center just sent me an estimate of $112 for diagnostics and HVAC check. Seems like this is a defect of these fans since there are a number of posts related to the same issue and it keeps happening. I'm not sure this falls under warranty, but I hope they cover the costs for this.

Anyone go through this process before and what was the resolution and cost?

Thanks!

Same issue here, although it only happened one time. Here's a similar thread also w/ a sound recording.

Tim

I figured I would update people on my case.

I just brought mine in yesterday. They confirmed the condenser fan is bad and needs replacement. They did not have the part(s) so I have to go back in a couple weeks to get it fixed. They said it was covered under warranty so there will be no cost to me.

Did the service tech remove the frunk and bumper to diagnose?
I think the loud obvious squealing was something they had seen before. They called me back about 30 minutes later and told me they didn’t have the parts to replace it. It didn’t look like the bumper was removed the first time I dropped it off. The second time when they replaced the fan, there were hand prints all over the front of my car (the car was dirty).

The annoying part is that my squealing came back after a few months and is still happening intermittently. I will eventually have to bring it back in, but it’s annoying to deal with the service department and coordinate dropping the car off.

Same issue here. They replaced same part. Under warranty.
3E40C637-6067-4BFF-8808-9C1B3F419A2D.jpeg