TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"Model C"

Discussion in 'TMC Connect' started by brianman, Jul 19, 2013.

1. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Rolosrevenge needs your assistance. :)

One of our various "warm water discussions" was about getting Rolo in a Tesla. Given that he isn't willing to spend for a full Model S, the proposal was that he send a mock-up of the "Model C" to Elon. This would be a vehicle where you take the Model S and split it longitudinally. Use a half-sized battery pack (42.5 kWh or 30 kWh), thick rear wheels (think bat-bike from like 3 Batman movies ago), and merge the instrument cluster with the 17" display (or maybe put an 8.5" in the steering wheel).

Ok, that's the premise. Artistic forum folks, can you help? Have fun with it. Best submission gets a gold star and earns you the slot as Rolo's best friend for a week.

Thanks.

2. Ufrugger

Ufrugger Member

TMC.png TMC2.png TMC3.png .. I had some spare time

3. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

That one gets my vote! Nice work!

4. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Nice work!

Some gut reactions:
    1. Flatten the spoiler a bit, or rather broader the inverted V to an inverted U
    2. From the back it looks like 1 seat per row, from the inside it looks like 2. /confused
    3. I like the T above the glove.
    4. I like the buttons on the wheel. Clever.
    5. The overall width is about right, I think.
    6. Probably restore the full original rear diffuser, rather than the "looks like half a tailpipe" shrunken one.

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

#6 vfx, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    attachment.php?attachmentid=26529&d=1374618343.png [​IMG]

7. Ufrugger

Ufrugger Member

1. My photoshop skills don't allow :smile: --- for those of you true artists that do stuff like this my hat's off to you.
    2. Simply an error. I was going more for the 'holy crap that looks funny being so skinny' look, i neglected the headrest.
    3. Yeah I had to find somewhere to put it!
    4. Gracias
    5. Perhaps
    6. Yeah kinda looks like a large tailpipe a la Boxter
    7. Wish I had gone to Teslive
    8. I work in real estate and modifying images is not my forte.. you all are more than welcome to expand on what I have done here!

Glad you all got a chuckle out of the 2013 P30 ROLOS Special Edition Model C

8. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

Why have I only discovered this thread now? So awesome! Lol.

9. olanmills

olanmills Member

10. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

A few adjustments to the rear image:
    1. broader diffuser
    2. soften the point on the spoiler
    3. correct the badging ("Model C")

RolosBack.png

11. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I'm going to say it here.

Brianman's copious postings will have him passing TEG (and me) in total posts by TESLIVE 2015. About 8 a day.

12. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

Perfect! Now I can afford it at a nice $31,000 starting price.

13. fjavifp

fjavifp Member

Awesome!!
    It may not need such tick tires though... :smile:
    I guess the idea is a 2-seat tandem, or maybe a 1+2 if wider at the rear?.
    The thing would really sell well if reasonably priced this side of the Atlantic!

Regards

14. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

This is truly the greatest thread ever.

15. moollar

moollar Member

This was exactly my first thought. Tesla should team up with Rick Woodbury from Commuter Cars and make this. If the Model C sold in Australia for about $30k, I would definitely buy it! :biggrin:

Maybe I've missed it somewhere, but I haven't seen any discussion on tackling traffic congestion on these forums. Whilst I love the Model S/X, they are large cars and having big cars (whether they are electric or not) that have 5+ seats, but with only one occupant commuting to work, is not a very efficient use of the space on our roads during peak hour times. The Tango (which is the narrow car in the bottom picture) would be awesome if it looked like the Model C mock-up you guys have done. It already seems to have a lot of the right ingredients (~4 sec 0-100km/h, low centre of gravity, etc.). Of course, I wouldn't expect 4 sec 0-100km/h from a $30k car, but I'm sure something decent could still be built for that price (if it was built in volume). :smile:

16. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

My Model C does 0 - 60 in 8.4, not great but still decent. I honestly can't tell the difference between it and the Karma I test drove :wink:

17. Ufrugger

Ufrugger Member

Since this thread started a bit tongue-in-cheek, I hope you all don't mind me posting this extravagant MS should Rolos ever answer the calling for the highest public office. The additional benefit is that it wouldn't cost a dime, as the taxpayer would be footing the bill. I'm picturing dual motor 840hp 900 ft-lb AWD with a 170KW good for 400 miles and capable of sub 9sec 0-60mph (20,000lbs!) I had the photoshop elements left over from the OP which made this pretty straightforward. I present the Tesla BeaSt! It could also feature the world's longest pano roof..

TMS Beast.png

18. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

I will make this the cornerstone of my campaign. Vote Rolosrevenge or you can't see this car.

19. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Thread on this.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/1899-Green-Obama%92s-official-limo-is-a-gas-guzzler

20. Soflason

Soflason Member

The Tesla Beast (wish the administration rolled up in this before they're upcoming response to the 100,000+ signed Tesla petition)... and Rolo's C deserve some serious photoshop kudos, well done :cool: